Bucci in Hammonton, NJ

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tfs985
Rookie
Rookie

Bucci in Hammonton, NJ

Post by tfs985 »

Hey guys

I've been trying to figure out where my Great-Grandmother's family is from. I am going to get a subscription to Ancestry.com in a couple of months. For now I was wondering if anyone can access info to all Bucci's from Hammonton, NJ. I know my Great Grandmother's family (Adeline Bucci) but I have no info on her sibling's children. As always, your time and help is appreciated.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Bucci in Hammonton, NJ

Post by brujaojos »

tfs985 wrote:Hey guys

I've been trying to figure out where my Great-Grandmother's family is from. I am going to get a subscription to Ancestry.com in a couple of months. For now I was wondering if anyone can access info to all Bucci's from Hammonton, NJ. I know my Great Grandmother's family (Adeline Bucci) but I have no info on her sibling's children. As always, your time and help is appreciated.
Hi There,

If you give us some more information on Adeline - such as her date of birth, her parents' names, and her spouse's name, maybe we can find information on her. However, I think I already found Adeline in the census both being called Adeline, Dolly, and Daisy.

This is the 1900 census, per this census, Gaetano came to the USA around 1883. He was already naturalized. He was married around 1885-1886.

Name: Giatan?? Bucci
Home in 1900: Hammonton, Atlantic, New Jersey
Estimated birth year: abt 1861
Birthplace: Italy
Relationship to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's name: Christiana
Race: White
Immigration year: 1883
Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Hammonton, Atlantic, New Jersey; Roll: T623 954; Page: 13A; Enumeration District: 26.

Household Members: Name Age
Giatan?? Bucci 39
Christiana Bucci 37
Mary Bucci 13
Annie Bucci 11
Bridget Bucci 9
Lizzie Bucci 7
Michael Bucci 5
Daisey Bucci 2

Here is the 1910 census, per this census, Gaetano was married around 1885-1886. His wife had 7 children and 7 survived.

Name: Guitano Bucci
Age in 1910: 48
Estimated birth year: abt 1862
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Spouse's name: Christina
Home in 1910: Hammonton Ward 1, Atlantic, New Jersey
Marital Status: Married
Year of Immigration: 1884
Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Hammonton Ward 1, Atlantic, New Jersey; Roll: T624_867; Page: 14B; Enumeration District: 34; Image: 1315.

Guitano Bucci 48
Christina Bucci 47
Badie Bucci 19
Lizzie Bucci 17
Michael Bucci 16
Dolly Bucci 12
Tony Bucci 6

This is the 1920 census. Gaetano came to the USA in around 1884 and was naturalized in 1894.

Name: Geo Bucci
[Gus Bucci]
Home in 1920: Hammonton, Atlantic, New Jersey
Estimated birth year: abt 1853
Spouse's name: Christie
Father's name: Adalined
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Sex: Male
Home owned: Own
Year of Immigration: 1884
Able to read: No
Able to Write: No
Image: 363
Source Citation: Year: 1920;Census Place: Hammonton, Atlantic, New Jersey; Roll: T625_1016; Page: 17A; Enumeration District: 48; Image: 363.

Geo Bucci 67
Christie Bucci 55
Mike Bucci 25
Adalined Bucci 22
Anthony Bucci 15

In 1930, here is Gaetano being the only one in Hammonton. There are other Bucci's in Atlantic County, NJ.

Name: Gatiano Bucci
Home in 1930: Hammonton, Atlantic, New Jersey
Estimated birth year: abt 1860
Spouse's name: Christine
Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Hammonton, Atlantic, New Jersey; Roll: 1309; Page: 23B; Enumeration District: 53; Image: 846.0.

Gatiano Bucci 70
Christine Bucci 65

Also, don't forget that there is always the New Jersey State Archives where you can get information.
http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/links/archives.html

I hope this helps some.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Hi again,

Going by the census records, we can track down the brothers of Adeline much easier than the sisters since the sisters would be under their married names.

Any way....

This is a possible 1930 census for Michael Bucci, brother of Adeline. Per this census, Michael was married around 1924.

Name: Michael Bucci
Home in 1930: Somerdale, Camden, New Jersey
Estimated birth year: abt 1896
Birthplace: New Jersey
Spouse's name: Jenni
Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Somerdale, Camden, New Jersey; Roll: 1325; Page: 4A; Enumeration District: 171; Image: 92.0.

Michael Bucci 34
Jenni Bucci 26
Michael Bucci 4

Here is the WWI Draft card information on Michael. You now have an exact date of birth for him.

Name: Michal A Bucci
City: Not Stated
County: Atlantic
State: New Jersey
Birthplace: New Jersey;United States of America
Birth Date: 27 Apr 1895
Roll: 1711902
DraftBoard: 0

Here is the death information on Michael.
Name: Michael Bucci
SSN: xxx-xx-7676
Last Residence: 08037 Hammonton, Atlantic, New Jersey, United States
Born: 27 Apr 1895
Died: May 1967
State (Year) SSN issued: New Jersey (Before 1951)

Hope this helps some
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Links to the records Trish found..

1900 Census

1910 Census

1920 Census

1920 Census Page 2

1930 Census

Son Anthony also living next door to them.

Will link the rest when I get home if someone doesn't get to it first. Need to go get ready for work now.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

nuccia wrote:Links to the records Trish found..

1900 Census

1910 Census

1920 Census

1920 Census Page 2

1930 Census

Son Anthony also living next door to them.

Will link the rest when I get home if someone doesn't get to it first. Need to go get ready for work now.
Hi Nuccia,

Thank you so much for linking the records for me!!:)

hugs and smiles
Trish
ps-one of these days I'll learn image shack.lol
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Anything for you Trish..and anytime. :D :D

Will try and link the rest in a bit..just got in and I'm pooped.. 8O
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

nuccia wrote:Anything for you Trish..and anytime. :D :D

Will try and link the rest in a bit..just got in and I'm pooped.. 8O
Hi Nuccia,

I just found out from our friends on the forum, that I could have double posted. So if I have, please excuse me. I didn't know this is a double post.

So Nuccia, don't bother posting the records till I hear something from someone as to where or not the poster has this information.

Thanks again!

Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Yes, it seems our friend has several posts with this surname out there. I was aware of it but at 1 am wasn't sure which one I was looking at. Lets wait for a reply before we go any further.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

QUOTE: So Nuccia, don't bother posting the records till I hear something from someone as to where or not the poster has this information.

Thanks again!

Smile for me!
Trish

"Help with Bucci's" page 2

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... rt=15.html
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
tfs985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tfs985 »

Thanks for the info on Michael. I have info on the following Bucci's from Hammonton, NJ on familysearch.org.

Michael Bucci: B: April 1895
D: May 1967

This is the one you have info on....I looked for a Michael Bucci born in 1925 +/- 5 yrs and nothing turned up....he may still be living.

I also searched for Jenni Bucci....I found a Jennie Bucci born in 1903 so that's probably Michael's wife because she is listed as 26 in 1930.

Her death residence is in Trenton, NJ and Hamilton, NJ (Mercer County)

I am going to search for Bucci's in that area as well.

The other Bucci's are:

George Bucci B: Jan 1904
D: Jan 1976
Josephine Bucci B: Aug 1896
D: Oct 1992
Mary Bucci B:Mar 1897
D: May 1969
Stella Bucci B: Aug 1908
D: Aug 1997

and probably some children of these people are scattered in there as well:

Anthony Bucci B: Mar 1935
D: Mar 2004
Joseph Bucci B: Feb 1929
D: Oct 2001

That's about all I have. I think my cousins went to Hammonton once and met one of our cousins Guy as well.

Sorry I took so long to reply...I had a long day of work and didn't check the site all day.
tfs985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tfs985 »

Sorry about double posting....I've had a couple of topics regarding the Bucci's....it's just different info I'm after....I can't seem to find out much about that side of my family.
wcres

Post by wcres »

Hello!

My paternal grandmother's name was Bucci (sometimes pronouced Buckeye). I believe her birth name was Pisa, but she was referred to as Rose or Rosie. She was married to my grandfather Dominic Crescenzo. They had a farm on Grape St. and 14 children. I have been trying to find out more about their city(ies) of origin in Italy, prior to arrival in Hammonton. I never knew them and all of the children are gone. It is unfortunate that this information was not retained by family members. Any information you could offer would be helpful.
JoiaC

Post by JoiaC »

I just came across this site while investigating my mother's family. She lived in Atlantic City but her mother's family was named Bucci (also called Buckeye) which immediately caught my eye. I believe her mother Catherine was born in Hammonton. Catherine's father was Lorenzo Bucci and her mother was Domenica Feoli (who came to this country at age 3)....both born in Italy and I think they settled in Hammonton.
Catherine (born 1887) was the first of several children. The names of my Great Aunts and Uncles that I can remember were Rose, Josephine, Teresa, Frank, John, Ben and Anthony. (There may have been more but I'm not sure). She eventually settled in Atlantic City with my grandfather Francesco Ridolfo (Rudolf). Perhaps there is a family connection?
MonBu

Post by MonBu »

Hi. How did your search go? If you're still searching the Bucci family origins I may be able to help. Monica
mark04ox

Post by mark04ox »

Hi, I just saw this thread. I'm not sure if any of the original posters are still around, but I have been working on Hammonton Italian genealogy for a few years now.

As I understand it, the two biggest groups of Italians in Hammonton came from Gesso, Sicily, and Anzi, Basilicata (my family come from the latter group). However, there was also a small group of Northern Italians who were among the first settlers in Hammonton, in the 1870s and early 1880s -- including a man called Isacco Nicolai, a Northern Italian who met my great-great-great-grandfather, Michele Arcangelo Rubertone, in New York or Philadelphia, and persuaded him to settle in Hammonton, thus beginning the chain migration from Anzi. I do not know where in the north Isacco Nicolai was from, but I would very much like to find out. I only know that he had gone to the USA much earlier, perhaps as early as the 1840s, first to San Francisco, then to Philadelphia, and finally to Hammonton.

If anyone has made any progress finding out where the Bucci family came from, can you please post what you know? It would be helpful to have some idea where the Northern Italians in Hammonton came from, and how they arrived there.