Callegari - Ghiglieri genealogy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Ippaso

Re: Callegari - Ghiglieri genealogy

Post by Ippaso »

ccalleg wrote:Hi all,

I'm trying to discover my own "family forest". I'm looking information about my ancestors: "Antonio Callegari" and "Anunciada -or Annunciata- Ghiglieri", both italians but don't know the place of birth.
Antonio was born in Italy near 1844. Anunciada was born in Italy near 1847-1848.
They came to Argentina and got married in Buenos Aires, church "Iglesia de la Piedad" on June 13th, 1874. Two specific persons were present during the marriage: "Maria Ghiglieri" and "Antonio Piccetti".
They had 5 children: Domingo (Domenico), Jose, Antonio, Juan, and Benito Pedro Marcos.
Antonio's parents were: Domingo Callegari and Angela Parmegiano.
Anunciada's parents were: Benito Ghiglieri and Luisa Beronia.

I have the certificates of baptisms of her children, and the following names appears like friends of Antonio and Anunciada:
Lorenzo Ghiglieri, Luisa Ghiglieri, Agustin Rossi, Luis Casanova, Catalina Baronia, Marcos de Paoli, Maria Ginocchio.

Do you have any information that could be helpful in order to find where Antonio and Maria were born in Italy? or any other interested information?
Thanks in advance.
Claudia
Ippaso

Post by Ippaso »

DianeGinocchio wrote:My Ginocchio family was orginally from Vareze and La Spezia, Ligure, Genova, Italy. In 1876 Giovanni Ginocchio (born 1852) came to California, USA and in 1883 his wife Angelina DePaoli (born 1850) and daughter Maria Ginocchio joined him. Angelina's mother was Maria Depaoli and her father's name was Ghiglieri Guglielmo. Ginovanni's parents were Giambatista Ginocchio and Madalina Calegari - his mother was called Maria Ginocchio. Giovanni also had a sister named Maria Ginocchio who remained in Italy. My cousin has been to Italy and has church records of the family. It sounds like we might be the same family. I would love to exchange info.
italianlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianlaw »

I have extensive records on these families. There is 360 acres of abandoned land to be reclaimed in Varese Ligure.

Contact us directly for more information through our web site.

Anthony Alioto
www.italianlaw.net
San Francisco
Ippaso

Post by Ippaso »

ccalleg wrote:Hi all,

I'm trying to discover my own "family forest". I'm looking information about my ancestors: "Antonio Callegari" and "Anunciada -or Annunciata- Ghiglieri", both italians but don't know the place of birth.
Antonio was born in Italy near 1844. Anunciada was born in Italy near 1847-1848.
They came to Argentina and got married in Buenos Aires, church "Iglesia de la Piedad" on June 13th, 1874. Two specific persons were present during the marriage: "Maria Ghiglieri" and "Antonio Piccetti".
They had 5 children: Domingo (Domenico), Jose, Antonio, Juan, and Benito Pedro Marcos.
Antonio's parents were: Domingo Callegari and Angela Parmegiano.
Anunciada's parents were: Benito Ghiglieri and Luisa Beronia.

I have the certificates of baptisms of her children, and the following names appears like friends of Antonio and Anunciada:
Lorenzo Ghiglieri, Luisa Ghiglieri, Agustin Rossi, Luis Casanova, Catalina Baronia, Marcos de Paoli, Maria Ginocchio.

Do you have any information that could be helpful in order to find where Antonio and Maria were born in Italy? or any other interested information?
Thanks in advance.
Claudia
Hi Claudia,
your ancestrors came surely from Valletti, Varese Ligure, Italia.

Antonio was born in 1850 (you can find certificate in the St. Anne Parish)
Annunziata Ghiggeri (Ghiglieri is the same) probably came from Comuneglia, the village in front of Valletti. A part of Comuneglia is the Ghiggeri.

Antonio had 5 brothers
Giovanni aka Volponello 1829 1918, Angela, 1842 1923 lived in Valletti, the others I don’t know
Antonio is the youngest.

Antonio’s father was Giovanni DOMENICO Andrea Callegari aka Negrinetto (1806 1858)

Domenico had two wives. The first was Magdalena Ghiglieri (1811 – 1837)
the second was Angela Parmiggiani (Pellegro’s husband) (1816 - ?)

Magdalena was Giovanni (Volponello) mother
Angela was Angela and Antonio’s mother

Antonio’s Grandfather was GIUSEPPE Andrea Giorgio aka Negrino (1783 – 1861) who lived in Valletti loc. Bonello (near the St Anne Church). He was Mastro Muratore, Bricklayer Chief
Giuseppe (Negrino) had two wifes Angela De Paoli (Antonio’s grandmother) (1803 – 1837) and Caterina Giambruno

Giuseppe’s (Negrino) parents were Giovanni Callegari aka Joni (1740 – 1800) who married in 1764 Giovanna De Paoli (Agostino’s husband) 1742 – 1806)

Joni’s parents were Agostino Callegari (1707 – 1785) who married in 1722 Lucia De Paoli (Armanino’s husband) (? – 1763)

Agostino’s parents were Vincenzo Callegari ( ? – 1747) and Catterina De Paoli (Stefano’s husband)

Vincenzo’s Father was Agostino who died before 1701.

If you need something else… :lol:

My name is Maurizio Callegari. We are not close relatives but my family and yours lived four century one in front each other.

Un caro Saluto
Maurizio cugpc@tin.it
Ippaso

Post by Ippaso »

Please In my previous post every "husband" means "daughter"
Maurizio
Ippaso

Post by Ippaso »

DianeGinocchio wrote:My Ginocchio family was orginally from Vareze and La Spezia, Ligure, Genova, Italy. In 1876 Giovanni Ginocchio (born 1852) came to California, USA and in 1883 his wife Angelina DePaoli (born 1850) and daughter Maria Ginocchio joined him. Angelina's mother was Maria Depaoli and her father's name was Ghiglieri Guglielmo. Ginovanni's parents were Giambatista Ginocchio and Madalina Calegari - his mother was called Maria Ginocchio. Giovanni also had a sister named Maria Ginocchio who remained in Italy. My cousin has been to Italy and has church records of the family. It sounds like we might be the same family. I would love to exchange info.
Hi Diane
you are my cousin (very far)
Your family came surely from Valletti, Varese Ligure, La Spezia, Italia.

Giambattista Ginocchio (Antonio’s son) married Maria Magdalena Callegari (1822 – 1890) were uncle and aunt of my greatgrandfather Giuseppe (aka Geppinetto iii) (1846 – 1923)

Three brothers Ginocchio Giambattista, Giovanni ( aka Giovanni du Bullu) and Angelo married three Callegari’s Sisters Maria MAGDALENA, Magdalena DOMINICA, Benedetta Giovanna.

Magdalena’s Parents were Giuseppe (Geppinetto i) (1789 – 1863) and Francisca De Paoli (1788 – 1852). They were our ancestors.

I have other informations but I need time to collect them.
I’ll send to you as soon as possible

Ciao
Maurizio Callegari ( Geppinetto - Giovanni - Giuseppe (my father) - Maurizio (It,s me!)
cugpc@tin.it
Ippaso

Post by Ippaso »

annedepaoli wrote:Diane,

Maybe you can help me. My family came to America in 1906, however I am having problems finding any info from the 1850's back. I have a Giovanni Depaoli, b 1849 married to a Madalena Ginocchio, child Pietro Depaoli. I noticed some similarities between your family and mine and was wondering if you have either of these two names in your genealogy. Especially the Madalina Ginocchio name associated with DePaoli. Please let me know if you have any connections.

By the way, what part of California did your family move to? My family is from Porterville area of the central valley.

Anne Depaoli Kearns
I think your family came from Valletti, Varese Ligure, Italia.
I need a little bit of time because there are a lot of Depaoli and Ginocchio in Valletti
I had Giovanni Depaoli and Maddalena Ginocchio who were the parents of Francisca De Paoli born in 1788 my direct ancestors. I will search as soon as possible Maurizio cugpc@tin.it
italianlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianlaw »

I have info on the following but I am not a genealogist

DE PAOLI Giovanni;FU AGOSTINO
DE PAOLI Giovanni;FU LUIGI
DE PAOLI Giovanni;FU BENEDETTO

Anthony Alioto
www.italianlaw.net
San Francisco
Silvadal

Post by Silvadal »

Hello,

I am trying to get in touch with Diane Ginocchio regarding information about Giovanni Ginocchio (born 1852 - emigrated to California in 1876). His wife was Angelina DePaoli (born 1850 - emigrated to California in 1883). Their first daughter, Maria, was born in Italy.

I believe that Giovanni was from Vareze, Ligure and Angelina from La Spezia, Ligure (or vice-versa). I need to obtain more information in order to establish dual-citizenship which will help make a prolonged residency in Italy easier.

I would appreciate any information you can help me with.

Thank you.

Dale Marie Guadagno
Ippaso

Post by Ippaso »

Dear Dale Maria Guadagno,

Giovanni Battista Ginocchio b. 1852 (nickname: du Bullu)(son of Giovanni 1818 - 1902) and Maddalena Callegari (1826 - 1890)was born in Ossegna - Maissana or Valletti - Varese Ligure - La Spezia.
Angela De Paoli was born in 1852 in Valletti Loc. Secco (daughter of Guglielmo nickname:Ghigermà (1822-1904 and Maddalena De Vincenzi 1816 - 1891. Two daughters were born in Italy:
Maddalena Maria Dominica 1876.
Maria Natalina (1877 - 1882)
Are they you are searching for?
Giovanni Ginocchio - I think - knew my greatgrandfather Giuseppe and grandfather Giovanni when he lived in San Francisco (1907 - 1914) because they were relative.
My e-mail is maurizio.callegari@alice.it. If you need more informations
Maurizio Callegari
GrazielaCalegaro

Post by GrazielaCalegaro »

Dear Mauricio Callegari

Here is the information I have:
I believe that my great-great-grandfather was Antonio's brother (1850-) Angela (1842-1923) and Giovanni (1829-1818), my great-great-grandfather is Domenico Callegaro born about 1840, must be the son of the second marriage of Giovanni DOMENICO Andrea Callegari (1806 1858) with Angela Parmiggiani, when he came to Brazil in 1883, he resided in Italy, but I do not know where he was born, I need to know where he was born and he was baptized to ask for his certificates, I believe he landed in Brazil in the port of Porto As he came to Brazil at the age of 43, I believe he married my great-great-grandfather in Italy, I believe he had two wives or a typo on the migration card because I have data that my great-great-grandmother was Maria Barizza , But her death certificate is Mariana Callegaro, but I do not know how to specify the date. He married in Italy is an assumption only, because he has already come to Brazil at the age of 43, and people at that time have a tradition of being very young.
Domencio, had his obvios record as Domingos, but in the obituary certificate of my bishop Felipe Callegari, his name is correct: Domenico Callegari.
Fellipe, as my father reports, my great-grandfather was born on the ship in Italian waters, died at the age of 77. Fellippe was married to Camila Conrado Rebello Callegari, had my grandmother Angelo Callegari, married to Izomira Callegari. Angelo Callegari had my father Valentim Calegaro, who had three other children: Roberson Sidney Calegaro, Solange Calegaro and Graziela Branco Calegaro.

Well see, what can help me, if you can give me a direction to follow, and keep raising my documents, I thank you very much, I have been in this search for about 12 years, but I have not yet succeeded.

Att

Graziela Calegaro
+55 67 99295 8744