Pionzio surname from Azeglio, Torino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ItalianLori
Rookie
Rookie

Pionzio surname from Azeglio, Torino

Postby ItalianLori » 16 Dec 2006, 18:27

Hi: Trying to find info. on my paternal grandfather, Celestino Pionzio from Azeglio. He came to the US in 1907 at age 20. I have fairly complete data on his life here in the USA. I am, however, looking for a way to research his parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters. I am unale to write in the Italian language, but, can read it a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have looked in the Italian phone book - there are several "Pionzio" surnames listed but I am unsure how common this name is in Azeglio or in Torino. Once again, I appreciate anyone's assistance and guidance.
Lori

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Pionzio surname from Azeglio, Torino

Postby nuccia » 17 Dec 2006, 04:10

Hi Lori,

There seems to be 2 persons with the surname you seek in Torino listed in the Italian White Pages..

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... o&ind=&nc=

There's only one listed in Azeglio..

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... o&ind=&nc=

As for Italian records, have you tried the lds website? There may be records available on microfilm that you can order and look through from your Family History Centre. Some of the other members here are more familiar than I am with whats available and I'm sure they can help.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Pionzio surname from Azeglio, Torino

Postby ricbru » 17 Dec 2006, 09:32

ItalianLori wrote:Hi: Trying to find info. on my paternal grandfather, Celestino Pionzio from Azeglio. He came to the US in 1907 at age 20. I have fairly complete data on his life here in the USA. I am, however, looking for a way to research his parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters. I am unale to write in the Italian language, but, can read it a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have looked in the Italian phone book - there are several "Pionzio" surnames listed but I am unsure how common this name is in Azeglio or in Torino. Once again, I appreciate anyone's assistance and guidance.
Lori

Hello,
you can write a request written only in italian to have his birth record (copia integrale dell'atto di nascita) where you find his parents names, ages, his father's job and the address of the house where he was born.
Baby used to born at home during that time.
This information links you to his parents birth records and marriage record(copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio).
To have the name of siblings, you can request it after you have his birth record and his parents marriage record, so you know when his parents got married, so after that how many kids were born from that marriage, when and what their names are.
So you can request an historical family certificate (certificato storico di famiglia), it usually costs € 2,50 euros for each name found, including parents names.

Write to

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Massimo d'Azeglio
cap 10010 Azeglio (TO)
Italy

Add to your request a photocopy of your ID+ a self addressed envelope for reply + an IRC (international reply coupon)

You can also check Azeglio church records microfilmto FHL (mormon church)

Happy to help you....
bye Riccardo :lol:

Return to “Italian Genealogy”