Family Certificate questions

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Family Certificate questions

Postby Poipuo4 » 27 Dec 2006, 14:51

I have two questions about a family certificate: it looks like the head of the hosuehold has an abbreviation in the column next to his name which is either l.s. or I.s. Down the same column, it says in Italian the relationship of each person to the head of the household. Do you know what l.s. or I.s. means?

My other question is that my grandmother was born in one town and moved as a child to a different town. She emigrated from the second town. Should I write to the second town for the family certificate, rather than the place of her birth?

Thanks!

wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Family Certificate questions

Postby wishyou » 27 Dec 2006, 22:57

It means "Intestatario Scheda". It's a burocratic way to say that is the chief of the family (there is a long and stupid story how the diction "capofamiglia" has became "intestatario scheda").

"Should I write to the second town for the family certificate, rather than the place of her birth"
What do you need it for?
Yes, you if you want the family certificate it's better taht you request it to the second town. There they could give you the situation of your grandmother family at the moment she leaved Italy (if they have the informations...)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”