Morelli Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
flatbroke

Re: Morelli Family

Post by flatbroke »

By accident you have come to the right page...I am the daughter of Charles we probaly played as children...their were 3 of us Doreen Charlene and Clement...I am Doreen...My mother was Helen (the blond)...I have just made contact with a 2nd cousin of mine last month and was able to visit with him and his family...it was as though my life was complete...I lost contact at the age of 12...in 1972 we returned for my fathers funeral...due to good friends that let us know that he had passed...needless to say we were not welcomed but that's life...I visit Sharpsburgh several other times tying to find information but Kitty would never speak to me...my mother passed June 13, 2002 30 years to the date of my father's passing....we now live in Texas...but soon my husband is being transfered to Washington state...I am not sure of how much you can recall I do have pictures and a family wedding of Rozella that has Lauria and /Rosey as children...a friend that I grew up with in Sharpsburgh wrote to let me know that Rosey had lost her life in a car accident...she was alwyas a special person to us...always kind.....I have so much to share but will give your eyes a rest...hope to hear from you soon.
Doreen
Jaye_bird

Post by Jaye_bird »

Hi Doreen thanks for replying. yes i do remember you and your sister Charlene, but not Clement. Gosh i remember walking down the street with my mother when i was a child and sometimes she would bump into your mom and they would chat. I can see her now, short sort of chunky and a very pretty face, her hair was very blonde. I don't know why this comes to mind but was she a diabetic? That was so long ago that your dad passed away, he was young. So was your uncle Louie. So sorry that you lost your mom. It's sad that when you all returned for your father's funeral that you were not welcome. Whatever happened it should have been forgotten. I guess some people carry grudges for life..I don't see the point.
Doreen can you email me the pics that you have?...I am sooo interested in seeing them and also very interested in the stories you have to share.
Keep in touch.....
Sincerely,
Geraldine (Jaye)

My email address is...
beethovens_babe2001@yahoo.com
aegais

Post by aegais »

You have been such a big help with working on my family tree. I am aegais mother and I have enjoyed and put together a family that has been seperated for over 42 years. Visiting with my 2nd cuz that I never knew I had and moving on to a 3rd cuz that I have never met in October. I have also been able to find a cuz that shared in my childhood as we played together when we were 5 to 9 years of age. I was hoping to find out my grand fathers date of death. I know that he returned to Italy after my gmother passed in the U.S..

Doreen Morelli
flatbroke_75137@yahoo.com
Looking to tie the past with the future. Family is very important to me. With out them we would not be here.
aegais

Post by aegais »

Could you please send me another copy of this manifest for some reason it will no longer pull up.
Thank You
Doreen Morelli

Manifest of Rosina and children:

img174.imageshack.us/i...inavz6.jpg

1930 United States Federal Census
Name: Louis Moreli
Home in 1930: Sharpsburg, Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Estimated birth year: abt 1924
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's name: Clement
Mother's name: Rose
Household Members: Name Age
Clement Moreli 33
Rose Moreli 33
Charles Moreli 8
Louis Moreli 6

This census list immigration for Clemente as 1923, and for Rose and children as 1929.....if you can confirm these findings, I think we have the town of origin!!
wldspirit
aegais

Post by aegais »

Couldl you pleasse resend this one for some reason it will no longer pull up.
Thank You

Manifest of Rosina and children:

img174.imageshack.us/i...inavz6.jpg

1930 United States Federal Census
Name: Louis Moreli
Home in 1930: Sharpsburg, Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Estimated birth year: abt 1924
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's name: Clement
Mother's name: Rose
Household Members: Name Age
Clement Moreli 33
Rose Moreli 33
Charles Moreli 8
Louis Moreli 6

This census list immigration for Clemente as 1923, and for Rose and children as 1929.....if you can confirm these findings, I think we have the town of origin!!
wldspirit
Looking to tie the past with the future. Family is very important to me. With out them we would not be here.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

relink Rosina & children:
13 Aug 1929 SS Augustus Napoli to NY
Lines 17-19
1929 manifest
page 2

1930 census
vittorio.fortino.84

Post by vittorio.fortino.84 »

Hi everybody
my name is Vittorio Fortino
I belong to the Morelli Family,
My grandmother was married twice
- the first husband died when he had 30 years ago
and his name was Vittorio Fortino
- while the second husband was Pasquale Morelli,
in the follow web page http://www.sanpietroinguarano.net/personag.html
you can click on the Pasquale Morelli link, you will find a poem that him
written when him was still alive.

Really my grandfather was Vittorio Fortino,
my father is child of Vittorio Fortino
but all my uncles are children of Morelli Pasquale:
- uncle Morelli Vittorio, who has two children
- aunt Morelli Teresa,
- uncle Morelli Carmine (dead 3 years ago), who has two children
- uncle Morelli Agostino (dead 8 years ago).

As soon as i go to San Pietro in Guarano, i will do some researches
on Clemente Morelli and Rosa Intrieri that who are surely relatives of my grandfather since there is just one Morelli Family in San Pietro in Guarano.

Waiting for your prompt reply, i sent my best regards.

Vittorio
nannyjoyce

Post by nannyjoyce »

My greatgrandmother was Josephine Morelli. Her husband was Giuseppi Cerzullo. They had 2 children Michele & Filomena Cerzullo. Josephine died giving birth to my grandmother. Giuseppi got remarried to Theresa Intrieri. They were from San Pietro in Guarano & then lived in Steelton Pa.
Please let me know if any of this sounds familiar.
Thank you
JJ_in_Pa

Post by JJ_in_Pa »

To Nannyjoyce...

my sister was telling me that when she was a little girl about 4 or 5 years old (i wasn't born yet) my parents and her and maybe there were others...visited relatives of my father who lived in Harrisburg. My father's mother was a Morelli.
Amandarose324

Post by Amandarose324 »

Hello! My great grandparents were Clemente Morelli and Rosina Intrieri from st Pietro. Clemente went to the USA, Pennsylvania in 1923 and Rosina followed in 1929 best I found. My grandpa was Louis Morelli, siblings Charles and Rosella.