Last Name Confusion

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JoeyLorantano

Last Name Confusion

Postby JoeyLorantano » 05 Jan 2007, 14:25

Hi, I have some issues with my last name. My last name is Lorantano. My Papa was Italian, but died several years ago. His full biological brother's last name is Viavattene. I cannot find any information on Lorantano at all, and I am very confused as to why his brother's last name is not the same as his? I would ask his brother, but I have lost contact with all of that side of my family. Please help? I have a new son and am desperate to provide him with some heritage.

Joey

Essgee
Master
Master

Re: Last Name Confusion

Postby Essgee » 05 Jan 2007, 14:43

Need more specific information. What was your father's first name? Where did he live? Was he born in the US? Where? What is the first name of the brother?

There are Viavattene's in Texas and Arizona....possible?

JoeyLorantano

Postby JoeyLorantano » 05 Jan 2007, 15:03

My Papa's first name is Sergio he was born in the US in 1922. I am not exactly sure where, somewhere on the East coast I know that much. My Pop's (grandfather's) fist name was Serefino, or something to that effect; I never met him. My uncle's first name is Joseph, last name Viavattene and last I heard he was living in Florida. Most of the rest of my family lives on the west coast. I have a nephew (Lorantano) who lives somewhere in Italy. My Papa, never talked about my pop, or anything about his history, I guess that is why I am so lost. The only thing I know was that he was born in the US (1922), but lived a great part of his adult years in Italy. then he came back to the US some time after I was born in 1976. I only barely got to know him for about the last few years of his life. I do know that my pop (grandfather) and his wife came to the states during the first decade 1900-1910. Does this help any?

Thank you very much for helping me.

jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby jcsm400 » 05 Jan 2007, 15:57

Hi Joey,

Do you know when & where your pop (grandfather) died?

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.

JoeyLorantano

Postby JoeyLorantano » 05 Jan 2007, 16:38

I really do not know when he died. I know that he lived in new York. that is all that I know. I wanta say that he died in the late 50's early 60's. Liek maybe 1957.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”