Info: Gallo/Perillo/Cutarelli/Morganelli/Langella/Stelatto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Gallo1975
Rookie
Rookie

Info: Gallo/Perillo/Cutarelli/Morganelli/Langella/Stelatto

Postby Gallo1975 » 08 Jan 2007, 19:14

I am stuck in the 1860 with definative dates and relations.

US states and towns:Boston, MA
Quincey, MA
Derby, CT
Shelton, CT
Ansonia, CT
Chicago, Ill

Gallo's: Scafati Italy
Cutarelli's: Scafti, Italy
Morganelli/Morganell/Morgan: Benevento, Italy
Aiello/Aniello: Benevento, Italy
Perillo: Naples, Italy
Stelatto: Naples, Italy

Francesco Paolo Gallo (1885-1966) came to the USA in 1909 thru NY and was listed as a Barber. He came to stay at the house of a cousin(?) in Connecticut by the name of Gaetano/Gaitano Cutarelli who was living at 116 _______ St. in either Shelton or Derby CT.

Franceso's father was named Michele Gallo and married a woman named Maria Cutarelli. Maria Cutarelli's parents are; Gennaro Cutarelli and Michele Langella.

Wondering how Francesco and Gaetano are related.

Francesco Paolo Gallo married Mary/Marie Antoinette Morganelli. Mary Antionette Morganelli's parents were: Matteo Morganelli (1866-1925)- who came to the USA via Boston- and Maria Antoinette Aiello/Aniello (1866-1906). Matteo learned how to speak English from Irish immigrants..hence everyone thought he was Irish due to his brogue.

Francesco Paolo Gallo and Mary Antionette Morganelli had 7 children together; one being my grandfather and the eldest; Michael Stephen Gallo (1913-1993). He married Madelena Perillo (1916-1984). Her parents were Vincenzo Perillo (1880-1922) and Catarina Stelatto (1885-1960).

Do these names ring a bell with anyone? I have more than this if you need me to branch out more with names of sisters and brothers.

Thank you all!!
Always looking for info on: Gallo, Perillo, Stelatto, Morganelli, Cutarelli, Aniello/Aiello, Langella, Garitta/Aritta, Hayward, Nicolson & will be happy to swap info too!

vj
Master
Master

Re: Info: Gallo/Perillo/Cutarelli/Morganelli/Langella/Stela

Postby vj » 09 Jan 2007, 22:06

Hello!
Looks like you have a lot of research to share!
Maybe we can help with this little bit:

Francesco Paolo Gallo (1885-1966) came to the USA in 1909 thru NY and was listed as a Barber. He came to stay at the house of a cousin(?) in Connecticut by the name of Gaetano/Gaitano Cutarelli who was living at 116 _______ St. in either Shelton or Derby CT.

Franceso's father was named Michele Gallo and married a woman named Maria Cutarelli. Maria Cutarelli's parents are; Gennaro Cutarelli and Michele Langella.

Could you link your 1909 manifest? Can't seem to find the correct
Francesco Gallo on Ellis.

Is it this one?
1909 gallo manifest line 10
page 2

Did you find his 'cousin' on a 1910 census?

vj

Gallo1975
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Gallo1975 » 10 Jan 2007, 13:22

Oh yes!!! That is the same manifest my cousin, Stephen, got his information from and shared with me. And thank you for posting it, my cousin has all of those things and I am waiting for my copies to arrive.

Brilliant work!

My cousin who has been doing this longer than I have, was actually the one to share this information with me last Saturday..we went to see his grandfather, Matthew (Francesco's son and my Great Uncle) who is 91 and the oldest living Gallo in our family, so he was chock full of information and some great stories to boot.

I am not positive where the information of Gaetano/Gaitano came from.. but I know it was from a separate document that asked who were you coming to stay with in the US upon arrival...very well could have been the 1910 census. Or it could have been an old phone book register seeing all people living in a residence and their occupations were listed under the head of household at the time. That is how we found our Great Aunt Vascal Harriet.. who we belive was born with the given name of Leona.. but that is for another post.. :)

So seeing that Maria CUTARELLI was Francesco's mother, we deducted it had to be a cousin of some sort b/c Maria had at least 6 siblings with the names of: Rosa, Vincenzo, Anna, Vuianza/Vincenza, Luisa, and Pasqualina. Also, seeing Gaetano/Gaitano died on April 19 1961 at the age of 74, that puts him in the right age bracket for being 1st cousins with Francesco.

As far the CUTARELLI line goes, we are dead in the water, and can't seem to find anything else which is why Gaetano/Gaitano is holding such value to us.

-Rebecca
Always looking for info on: Gallo, Perillo, Stelatto, Morganelli, Cutarelli, Aniello/Aiello, Langella, Garitta/Aritta, Hayward, Nicolson & will be happy to swap info too!

BigJerry

Postby BigJerry » 10 Aug 2007, 17:31

My wife is a Cutarelli in the line from Gennaro-Vincent. I have Mary Curarelli who is decended from Gennaro and Michaeli. married to a Ralph Celone. Did she have a second marriage? I would be interested in any information on Cutarelli line and would be happy to trade what I have.

Gallo1975
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Gallo1975 » 10 Aug 2007, 19:51

ooooo..........

email me if you can...and I can link you up to the tree I have made and you can see it. We can pick a time to meet on MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger and talk in real time. I think we need to put our heads together on this one and sort it out..you hometown to me is also VERY interesting to me. My line also goes to Chicago through the Morganelli line WHICH from some way KNEW the Cutarelli line THROUGH the GALLO line..cousins perhaps?

jeffandrebecca@cox.net

Return to “Italian Genealogy”