Panero and Armanini families - can you help?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mler
Master
Master

Panero and Armanini families - can you help?

Postby mler » 19 Jan 2007, 00:54

Aurelius, I'm reposting this under your family name as a topic so that it has a better chance of being read.

Since my mother was born in 1930 I will go through her paternal side. Her father's name was Pedro Bertoldo Panero. He was born in Argentina (hard to believe I don't know the date, think it's 1906.. will research) The town is also in question as I am not sure if it was La Porteña or San Francisco. He was married to Amelia Alberta Armanini in Cordoba Argentina. I will try and see if I can get a copy of their marriage certificate which should have his birthdate and should have his parent's names as well. (Any easy way to obtain this information would be greatly appreciated) I did find Civil Registry's phone number on the web and will try to call tomorrow.
His father, Juvenal Panero came from Torrino Italy. He came with his wife Margarita Troyya. This is how the names of my mom's grandparents appear on her birth certificate.
The rest is sketchy since my mom can't remember or wasn't given too many details. She does believe they mentioned arriving on a ship named Umberto I.
Okay, I don't know if Juvenal Panero was ever naturalized, but doubt it very much. Also, he had two daughters born in Italy that he brought named Catalina and Marietta. He also had another daughter named Dominga born in Argentina.
From this limited information.. where should I start?

Aurelius

Re: Panero and Armanini families - can you help?

Postby Aurelius » 20 Jan 2007, 04:55

Thanks mler.. I am starting to get frustrated.. I wish I knew where to look

patnature

Re: Panero and Armanini families - can you help?

Postby patnature » 18 Mar 2011, 21:36

Hi, I know that my great-grandfather was the mayor of Cordoba (Argentina). Could it be, that Amelia Alberta Armanini was his sister or a parent?
I'm from Italy. My great-grandfather died (like his son Desiderio Armanini) of a heart attack. Desiderio came to Italy, Trentino. My father Giovanni Armanini told me, that his grandfather was a Landowner too. Can you help me?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”