Antonio Glasso wife Rosa Cutro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MEGAGS

Antonio Glasso wife Rosa Cutro

Post by MEGAGS »

Antonio Glasso Oct 27, 1920 Naples 0021
Ellis Island record
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Antonio Glasso wife Rosa Cutro

Post by jcsm400 »

Indexed incorrectly....Should be Galasso. Still want it?
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
MEGAGS

Post by MEGAGS »

I was trying to find a connection to

Giuseppina Galasso - unsure if this Antonio Glasso. so now I know this record is misspelled.

Looking to connect to my grandfathers records from Serrata, Italy
His name was Giuseppe Aiello born Oct 24, 1886...having dificulties
Can't get records from Italy since I don't have great grandfathers name we believe it could have been Pantaleo even though all my life he was known as Pindle. His wife we just found out was Rosa Ozzimo Aiello but known as Elizabeth all my life. I am not a citizen of Italy and he was an American before all children's births which denouces his citizenship in Italy. Help please with any Italian records. I want them all please.
Thank you
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Here is the manifest.

page1

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7114 ... st1en5.gif

page2

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2334 ... st2oh3.gif

Do you know where & when Giuseppe Aiello died? Have you obtained his death certificate? Birth records for all his children? Church records for the family? Naturalization record? These are all sources that may have birth town information.

Hope it helps some.

jcsm
MEGAGS

Re: Giuseppe Aiello

Post by MEGAGS »

died in America I have his death certificate. It says nothing that I didn't already know. I have WWI records again nothing I didn't have already grandparents listed. I have census records listing only immediate children and wife. I have traced my grandfather from Ellis Island 1905 18y Giuseppe Aiello records, to his brother vincnzo's in 1914 which named all the brothers and where they went, then other records and so on till I found my grandmothers name which matched a post card I have. But nothing on grandfather or brothers birthdate. But all went to box 25 in Thomas, W.VA as coal miners, even though they were barbers, carpenters, and other things. Still looking up records. On the back of another card it reads di Santa Croce Bauchiero Seconde: Galasso Giuseppina. And some other stuff but don't know if she is a relative or not yet it looks like a marriage. 10-23-1935
I am still waiting on SSDI information. I am praying it has my grandparents listed but I doubt it. Got others to write for him.
We don't understand why, but my grandfather could read his Italian bible but couldn't read his letters that came from home, and he couldn't write at all we think. A bit strange. Had to go somewhere or have someone visit to read them.
Don't have any birthdates except his, I don't have any records at all. Except I do have his mothers name
Rosa Ozzimo Aiello don't know fathers and don't have any birthdates. We think grandfathers name might be Pantaleo Aiello since a postcard read...nipoti Pantaleo Aiello. Still unsure till records show up.
I do know they lived at one time in, Bologna, Cantazaro, Parma areas, maybe only the boys, Serrata I know where the parents at one time lived.
Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Ok. Giving his name, date of birth, & mother's maiden name, try getting his military record (foglio matricolare) and/or military draft card (listro di leva) from the province archive.

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... ALABRIA%22

Hope it helps.

jcsm
MEGAGS

Re: don't understand

Post by MEGAGS »

its in Italian and it won't let me read anything...help...says I am not able to access it...
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Sorry! Gave you the site for the contact information (address & email).

Request should be in Italian (Best) or very simple English.