Any information on my ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Frank127

Post by Frank127 »

Kate,
I read your initial posted message and subsequent replies. Your comment that your grandparents are 'too old and find it difficult to recall much information' prompted me to reply. My parents are 83 and they help me with my research. Each person is different, but I found that if you bring up an event or topic, this can possibly trigger their memory to recall more information. I would encourage you to complement your research with writing down as many family stories as your grandparents and other relatives can remember. My grandfather was in San Francisco during the 1906 Earthquake and for the last 20 years that I have been doing my research, I received the same reply - can't remember any stories. Several months ago, my mom recalled that his aunt and uncle were able to get a horse and buggy and leave the city safely. I of course have many other stories that I have collected over the years. Good luck with your research. Frank
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Thank you Frank..your a good man. Peter
kate

Post by kate »

Thankyou Frank for that ,i know that all people are different,i have been trying with my grandparents they recall bits and pieces,but not too much,then they get confused and not understanding alot of english makes it all the more difficult.
But i am persisting with it and they appreciate what i am doing,my grandmother told me about how her family used to grow olives and make their own olive oil,but my grandfather is very hard of hearing lately and is really confused,his cousin is coming over to Australia at the end of the year from italy so hopefully he can help me.
Thank you so much for your reply,any help is appreciated.
Kate. :D
ciao for now
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The site is working fine now and it will take you directly to the form letters. www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp. Suanji should have informed you that in order to get to the form letters you had to click on resources in the website she gave you. Shge is very thoughtful anyway. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The correct website to the form letters is working fine now. www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp. The other site that Suanji gave you is correct but it only takes you to the home page and then you have to click on another link which is resources but you would not have known to click on it without someone telling you. Suanji is a honey and very helpful...and pretty tooo! Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Ohhh Peter thanks, but I am sure that Kate knows to orient itself in www.circolocalabrese.org ... Kate: I have sended a private message to you...
:wink: regards suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I do not presume that anyboidy knows anything so I make sure that they have what they need. Since she did not know the website I had to assume that it would be difficult to get to the form letters so I made it easy for her to find the form letters. If you did not know the website would you have known to go to resources in the far right of the home pages to get to the form letters??? I don't think so. But thanks anyway. Peter
kate

Post by kate »

Thanks all for the help,i went to the website suanj gave me and i did find what i was looking for with no problems at all,it is easier with all this help.'
Suanj, i have sent a private message to you also.
Kate. :wink:
ciao for now
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

.....and what about the website I gave you??? Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Thank you Kate, I'm happy helped to you...I reply your private message...regards, Raffaella
kate

Post by kate »

The website you gave me ptimber worked also ......after tirelessly trying to get it to work,but i did succeed,thankyou all,Suanj i have sent you a private message.
kate. :wink:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You obviously labored mightily and after one impediment I placed in your swift completion of your research inquiry thru no fault of my own and you moved in for the kill. Take a long walk off a short pier. Peter
kate

Post by kate »

If i offended you peter,i am really sorry,i just meant that every time i tried the website when you gave it to me it never worked,so i wrote it down and then it worked,i could not paste it in the web browser,again i am so sorry if you took offence.
Kate. :?
ciao for now
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I took offense because I am a crotchety old man whose pretensions regarding my virility is only exceeded by that of King Kong!! That website Circolocalabrese is finicky and from now on I will tell people to go to the website that is shorter and I will direct people to the resources on the far right as I should have from the beginning. Since I have several friends in Oz whom I admire and appreciate, I am partial to them and you. Peter
kate

Post by kate »

I am glad that we cleared that up as i didnt want to offend anybody,especially you as you have been a great help so far.
Keep smiling,
Kate.x
ciao for now