Family from Monteleone di Spoleto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sltgsl

Family from Monteleone di Spoleto

Postby sltgsl » 29 Jan 2007, 01:23

Iwas wondering how to find information on family members. My great grandfathers marriage certificate mentions Dolci, Ranalldi, Scarponi, and Bifulchetti as parents names. I beleive they were all from the Monteleone area. Can anyone recommend where I can find any info on marriages, births, deaths in Italy?

jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Family from Monteleone di Spoleto

Postby jcsm400 » 29 Jan 2007, 02:14

Hi sltgsl,

Welcome to the forum!

In order to trace family in Italy, you need to know exact town information. This is obtained, hopefully, by getting US records for your ancestor & his family.

If you will provide your gr. grandfather's full name, his wife's full name including her maiden surname (if possible), their children names, everyone's birth year & when he immigrated to the US and where he settled, perhaps we can help determine where he came from in Italy.

What records do you already have besides his marriage certificate? Census records? Birth records for his children? Death certificate? Ship manifest? Naturalization record? Church records.

As for the marriage certificate, you may want to see about getting the marriage application. This generally has more information on it than the certificate.

We look forward to hearing from you.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.

sltgsl

Postby sltgsl » 29 Jan 2007, 02:46

Thank you for responding. My great grandpartents were married in Trenton, NJ on August 31, 1911 at the city hall. Their names are Nazzarino Dolci and Assunta Scarponi. Listed as parents
Isidoro Dolci, Angelina Ranaldi, Clementi Scarponi, Dominica Bifulchetti.

Nazzarino born in Monteleone di Spoleto on February 27, 1886. He was naturalized in NJ September 11, 1924. Died April 25,1942 in NJ. He arrived in US on May 14, 1910 on the ship America.
Assunta Scarponi Born August 10, 1892 in Italy, died February 2, 1972 in NJ. She arrived in US on October 11, 1909 on the ship Moltke.
Nazzarino and Assunta are in Hamilton, Mercer Co NJ 1920 and 1930 census
Clemente Scarponi arrived August 12, 1903 on the Nord America but I cannot find any other info on him in US.
Isidoro Dolci born in Monteleone di Spoleto July 17, 1858
Married December 8, 1883 Angelina Ranaldi
Died Monteleone di Spoleto July 26, 1930

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 29 Jan 2007, 05:11

the better thing is to contact the Monteleone di Spoleto Town Hall/civil records office, and to ask the civil records of your ancestor; you have already all data so no problems... here you can find the address and the email: http://www.comune.monteleone-di-spoleto ... efault.asp
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”