Carmine Raspavolo birth certificate from Naples, Italy 1903

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
CarmineofNaples
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: North Carolina, USA
Contact:

Carmine Raspavolo birth certificate from Naples, Italy 1903

Postby CarmineofNaples » 02 Feb 2007, 14:32

I am looking for my grandfathers birth certificate. He was born 22 June 1903 in Naples Italy. His father was Domenico Raspavolo and his mother's last name was Patierno. I am not sure where in Naples. I only know the street name Via Aranci- near a train station. I have found Raspavolo's in Naples but they do not know much about that generation. Any adice will be greatly appreciated.
Deb

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12490
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Carmine Raspavolo birth certificate from Naples, Italy 1

Postby suanj » 02 Feb 2007, 14:55

Hi, I hope that someone look up this immigration record by ancestry.com :
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Immigration
View Image Name: Carmine Raspavolo
Birth: year
Departure: location
Arrival: date - New York, New York


perhaps it could be your ancestor.. suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1877
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Carmine Raspavolo birth certificate from Naples, Italy 1

Postby ricbru » 02 Feb 2007, 15:00

Hello Deb,
is it to apply for italian citizenship?
In this case you need to request this kind of certificate, estratto dell'atto di nascita in formato plurilingue;

if you need the integral copy of birth record, maybe for genealogy research, you need to request as follow, copia integrale dell'atto di nascita.

Write your request, written only in Italian, to:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
C.A. Sig. Barrile
Via dell'Epomeo - Parco Quadrifoglio
80126 Napoli
Italy


Send the request via ordinary mail + a self addressed envelope for the reply+an international reply coupon+a photocopy of your ID.

I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo :lol:

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12490
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Carmine Raspavolo birth certificate from Naples, Italy 1

Postby suanj » 02 Feb 2007, 15:07

maybe he could be born in Giugliano town also... the Raspavolos are in so little number in Italy and in Campania region the Raspavolo surname is yes in Torre del greco but also in Giugliano as well Patierno... from immigration manifest perhaps it is possible to find some trace..suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 3106
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Carmine Raspavolo birth certificate from Naples, Italy 1

Postby Biff83 » 02 Feb 2007, 15:27

suanj wrote:Hi, I hope that someone look up this immigration record by ancestry.com :
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Immigration
View Image Name: Carmine Raspavolo
Birth: year
Departure: location
Arrival: date - New York, New York


perhaps it could be your ancestor.. suanj


Record is for a crew member, age 25, of the vessel Presidente Wilson departing from Trieste and arriving 5 Dec 1927 in New York. Numeric notations above name might mean something.
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

User avatar
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8069
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Carmine Raspavolo birth certificate from Naples, Italy 1

Postby vj » 02 Feb 2007, 15:36

suanj's manifest find
manifest
5 Dec 1927 SS Presidente Wilson Trieste to NY
Crews List Line 1
Carmine Raspavolo
- Deckboy
- shipped 11 Sep 1927 from Neapel
- age 25

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12490
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Carmine Raspavolo birth certificate from Naples, Italy 1

Postby suanj » 02 Feb 2007, 16:25

yes Valarie and Riccardo, however is the right person, engaged the 9 of November 1927 in Napoli.. maybe it will be possible to find something in Napoli Capitaneria di Porto .. I don't know if they have a archive but I believe of yes, Riccardo could to know more... thanks a lot, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
Nello-LosAngeles
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 69
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Carmine Raspavolo birth certificate from Naples, Italy 1

Postby Nello-LosAngeles » 02 Feb 2007, 16:35

Ricardo'

This was helpful to me also. For citizenship what marriage license do I ask for?
Thanks
Nello

ricbru wrote:Hello Deb,
is it to apply for italian citizenship?
In this case you need to request this kind of certificate, estratto dell'atto di nascita in formato plurilingue;

if you need the integral copy of birth record, maybe for genealogy research, you need to request as follow, copia integrale dell'atto di nascita.

Write your request, written only in Italian, to:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
C.A. Sig. Barrile
Via dell'Epomeo - Parco Quadrifoglio
80126 Napoli
Italy


Send the request via ordinary mail + a self addressed envelope for the reply+an international reply coupon+a photocopy of your ID.

I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo :lol:

User avatar
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1877
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Carmine Raspavolo birth certificate from Naples, Italy 1

Postby ricbru » 03 Feb 2007, 06:39

Nello-LosAngeles wrote:Ricardo'

This was helpful to me also. For citizenship what marriage license do I ask for?
Thanks
Nello

ricbru wrote:Hello Deb,
is it to apply for italian citizenship?
In this case you need to request this kind of certificate, estratto dell'atto di nascita in formato plurilingue;

if you need the integral copy of birth record, maybe for genealogy research, you need to request as follow, copia integrale dell'atto di nascita.

Write your request, written only in Italian, to:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
C.A. Sig. Barrile
Via dell'Epomeo - Parco Quadrifoglio
80126 Napoli
Italy


Send the request via ordinary mail + a self addressed envelope for the reply+an international reply coupon+a photocopy of your ID.

I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo :lol:


For marriage you can request l'estratto dell'atto di matrimonio in formato plurilingue

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol:

User avatar
Nello-LosAngeles
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 69
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Carmine Raspavolo birth certificate from Naples, Italy 1

Postby Nello-LosAngeles » 03 Feb 2007, 06:43

Riccardo,

Thank you.

Nello


Return to “Italian Genealogy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests