Hi guys! i found somemore info, i hope you give it a read!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Hi guys! i found somemore info, i hope you give it a read!

Postby mauricioom » 09 Feb 2007, 18:45

Hi guys! i found an old document by the name of Biographical Notes On Wolfgang Mucha and his family's background, here's a part of it that mentions trieste and a lot of surnames and other places, i hope you guys can help me in some way (ps: the names are all translated to spanish so i don't know the original form)
Wolfgang Mucha was born in Corgnale (a little town couple of leagues from Trieste), Bishopric of the same name, in the Görz County, legitimate child of the Illustrious (as referred on his baptism act) Juan Francisco Melchior and Ana Maria his legitimate wife, born the 5th of September of 1758 at four o’clock in the afternoon and baptized the 7th of the same month by Juan Franck chaplain of the place; his godparents were the Illustrious and Reverend Mr. Carl Wolfgang de Schiffer canon of Labanza, as well as the really Illustrious Andres de Schifferstein, as godmother the Illustrious Maria Margarita wife of the Illustrious Francisco de Anigoni resident of Laibach and the aforementioned Maria Margarita by the means of her Procurator the Illustrious Maria Josefa daughter of the Illustrious Jose de Ridateto y Lipiza.
Mi grandfather Juan Francisco was an important landowner in Trieste and he dedicated to banking affairs in that trade landmark and he also was in charge of running the postal service in Corgnale with a title and position similar to the Spanish government’s “Correo Mayorâ€

Return to “Italian Genealogy”