Frank Mercurio Obituary

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nlynncar9

Frank Mercurio Obituary

Postby nlynncar9 » 12 Feb 2007, 03:33

I am researching my great-great grandfather and am trying to find his parents, and the way he is connected to the other Mercurios in Richmond, IN. I hope this is a helpful record to someone. If you know anything about his family and its connections, please reply.

>From the _Palladium Item_ and _Sun-Telegram_ of Richmond, Indiana, Final Edition, Thursday, November 6, 1947, page 4, column 3.

FRANK MERCURIO, FORMER RICHMOND RESIDENT, IS DEAD Frank Mercurio, 93 years old, 925 N. Keystone Ave, Indianapolis, died Tuesday night. Mr. Mercurio, a native of Italy, lived in Richmond for about 50 years. While a local resident he sold fruit from a cart which he pushed about the city's streets and on Saturdays conducted a fruit stand at the South Sixth street market. He resided here until the death of his wife a number of years ago [Paulina (Bova) Mercurio, died 1937] when he moved to Indianapolis to make his home with a daughter [Rose Mary (Mercurio) Taylor]. He was the uncle of the late Louis Mercurio, Main street fruit merchant. Local survivors include a great-niece, Miss Margaret Mercurio, and five great-nephews, Matt, Anthony, Carl, Joe, and Salvador Mercurio. He leaves two daughters, Mrs. William L. Taylor [Mary Rose] and Mrs. Kenneth Mears, residing in Connecticut [Nancy Catherine or Kate]; eight grandchildren, and one grandchild. Funeral services for Mr. Mercurio will be held Friday at 9 am in the St. Mary Catholic Church. Burial will be in the St. Mary cemetery. Friends may call at the Stegall-Berheide Funeral home after noon Thursday.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”