Need help locating parents birth certificates

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jorja

Need help locating parents birth certificates

Postby jorja » 19 Feb 2007, 20:01

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this post and need your help! My mother was born in Fasana Italy 1929 and my father was born in Cherso in 1927 both born Italian but following World War II I believe it became Yugoslavia and now I believe is Croatia. I tried contacting the Italian Consulate in Ottawa, Canada to get help obtaining their birth certificates but they are of no help. They act like they know nothing about what took place and state my parents aren't Italian. It's been so frustrating! Its very upsetting to my parents as well. I have their Italian marriage certificate but they state that's not enough. Does anyone know who I can contact in Croatia in order to obtain my parents Italian Birth Certificates?

I live in Canada and would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you in advance, any and all help it is greatly appreciated!

Franca

MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

Re: Need help locating parents birth certificates

Postby MikeSavoca91 » 20 Feb 2007, 01:02

Well my family is from Croatia and Sicily, let me look for a little while and see what I can find. I was actually just about to start looking into ordering Croatian vital records, so I will clue you in as I go along. I hope I can help!

jorja

Postby jorja » 20 Feb 2007, 11:11

Hello Mike,

Thank you for replying. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Good luck!

Thank You :)

Franca

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 20 Feb 2007, 16:14

jorja wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am new to this post and need your help! My mother was born in Fasana Italy 1929 and my father was born in Cherso in 1927 both born Italian but following World War II I believe it became Yugoslavia and now I believe is Croatia. I tried contacting the Italian Consulate in Ottawa, Canada to get help obtaining their birth certificates but they are of no help. They act like they know nothing about what took place and state my parents aren't Italian. It's been so frustrating! Its very upsetting to my parents as well. I have their Italian marriage certificate but they state that's not enough. Does anyone know who I can contact in Croatia in order to obtain my parents Italian Birth Certificates?

I live in Canada and would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you in advance, any and all help it is greatly appreciated!

Franca
if your ancestors no renounced to italian citizenship after WWII they are always italians... after WWII the italians born in the town given to Yugoslavia, they must to renounce or no renounce to italian citizenship, and so much italians never renounced so you must to be sure abt this... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”