Plescia and Salerno from Palermo Province

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dheagren

Plescia and Salerno from Palermo Province

Postby dheagren » 20 Feb 2007, 04:54

I am trying to research the ancestry of Dominic Plescia, born 30 Jun 1861 in Campofelice Di Fitalia, Palermo, Italy and baptized in the town parish of San Guiseppe, on 1 Jul 1861. His parents were Salvatore Plescia and Althonsa Salerno.

This was gleaned from an extract of the parish register done by the parish father, which was with his passport and U S naturalization paperwork found in his son's house, my grandfather.

I was on line at http://sicilianindettaglio/eng/comuni/comuni.html and it has a place to look up different surnames, for Sicily. For the name of Plescia, there isn't any listed for his birth town. For Salerno, there is only a couple of them in this town.

The town with the highest number of each combined, is the town of Palermo. His parents don't show up on a microfilmed index for the civil registration, for the time frame of their birth.

The next highest number is Piana Degli Albanes, Palermo, Italy, which is a possibility.

On Ancestry.com there is a place to look meaning and place of origin of names and it lists this town.

Also gleaned from his obituary are the following siblings: Guiseppe living in Kansas City, Missouri, Andrew, and a Maria. It gives a different set of parents, but I tend to believe the extraction by the parish father, which was done 57 years previously to the obituary.

Any help would be greatly appretiated.

Danny L Heagren
TSgt USAF Retire

eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Plescia and Salerno from Palermo Province

Postby eyetalgal » 20 Feb 2007, 07:44

I noticed on LDS that there are others submitting Plescia pedigree files. Have you tried to contact the other researchers, some of them seem to be researching in and around Palermo.

Just a suggestion :))

dheagren

Re: Plescia and Salerno from Palermo Province

Postby dheagren » 20 Feb 2007, 17:37

On the pedigree resource, I have uploaded three times my entire database on my family, so this covers 60-70 % of the listings. On the Ancestral file there are vary few entries, which most of can be traced back to my mother, who had gotten bad data for my ggfather parentage due to the wrong info on the obituary and death certificate.

On the International genealogical Index there are numerous entries from Piana Delgi Albanes. The problem is that the submitter isn't listed due to submitting aft 1991 and no Salvatore Plescia. The only Salvatores are 3 listed, one on my most current submission, one from an individual after 1991, and one as Salvatore Dominc Plescia which was submitted by me years ago, when my mother had not given me quite correct data.

Hopefully this adds some light to the subject

Sincerly
Danny L Heagre
TSgt USAF Retired

Return to “Italian Genealogy”