Giobbe

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jorja

Giobbe

Postby jorja » 20 Feb 2007, 13:41

Hello again everyone,

I am trying to locate the birth certificate of my mother. Her maiden name was Romana Giobbe. She was born in Fasana Italy in 1929. Her mother was Concetta and her father was Gabrielle. She also had a younger brother Mario and and sister Josepina. She mentioned a church, I think the name was San Damiano di Cosmo or something like that. Would anyone know where this church is located? Does it still exist? Do they still have all the birth certificates of the Italians that were born there at that time or were they sent elsewhere or was it all destroyed? I had no idea how difficult this would be to locate. But Italy has no part of Fasana (Fazana) or Cherso Istria because it is no longer part of Italy. What about my parents that were born Italian are they just forgot about??? Does anyone know where I can turn for help???? I already know the Italian Consulate will do nothing for me, no direction, nothing, they wash their hands. Their response is find someone to go over there.

I've heard so many stories from my Nona and my mother about how beautiful it was there and hopefully in my life I'll be able to witness first hand everything they've told me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank You

Franca

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Giobbe

Postby Biff83 » 20 Feb 2007, 15:04

Franca,

The following link contains a couple of listings for Istrian associations in Canada. You might want to try and contact them with your query.

http://istrianet.org/istria/organizations/index.html
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 20 Feb 2007, 15:41

jorja wrote:Hello again everyone,

I am trying to locate the birth certificate of my mother. Her maiden name was Romana Giobbe. She was born in Fasana Italy in 1929. Her mother was Concetta and her father was Gabrielle. She also had a younger brother Mario and and sister Josepina. She mentioned a church, I think the name was San Damiano di Cosmo or something like that. Would anyone know where this church is located? Does it still exist? Do they still have all the birth certificates of the Italians that were born there at that time or were they sent elsewhere or was it all destroyed? I had no idea how difficult this would be to locate. But Italy has no part of Fasana (Fazana) or Cherso Istria because it is no longer part of Italy. What about my parents that were born Italian are they just forgot about??? Does anyone know where I can turn for help???? I already know the Italian Consulate will do nothing for me, no direction, nothing, they wash their hands. Their response is find someone to go over there.

I've heard so many stories from my Nona and my mother about how beautiful it was there and hopefully in my life I'll be able to witness first hand everything they've told me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank You

Franca

Here you may see a picture of Fasana. The Church, which is Fasana's Parish, is SS Cosma e Damiano, built in XV century. You may write to the Priest...

jorja

Postby jorja » 20 Feb 2007, 15:50

Thank You Biff83 and Liviomereno for all your help. I will try these leads and see where they take me. I'll keep you all posted!

Thank You so much and Have a Great Day!

Franca

Return to “Italian Genealogy”