Caffini, anyone?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SebaCaffini

Caffini, anyone?

Post by SebaCaffini »

Hi there,
<BR>I\'d like to know if there are others with the same surname I have (Caffini), and what info they have about their ancestors. As far as I\'m concerned, here in Argentina the only Caffinis are me, my dad and brothers, and our ancestor is some guy who was probably born in Mantova (or some other town around the region of Lombardia) around 1830-1840.
<BR>Replies are welcome both in English and Spanish, either here or privately at <a href="mailto:caffini@hotmail.com" target="_new">caffini@hotmail.com</a>
<BR>Thanks!
<BR>
<BR>Sebastián Caffini
<BR>Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sebastián Caffini
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ptimber
Master
Master

Caffini, anyone?

Post by ptimber »

why would you be interested in somebody else\'s family history and not your own?? Have you gone to the Family History Library of the Mormon church near your home and looked up the surname. Have you gone to CEMLA in Buenos Aires and looked up the arrival data on your first ancestor into Argentina?Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Caffini, anyone?

Post by ptimber »

There are 4 Caffini who enetered Argentina prior to 1900 and one came via Brazil and the others came dirrectly from Italy. Peter
SebaCaffini

Caffini, anyone?

Post by SebaCaffini »

Yo Peter,
<BR>As a matter of fact, I did my own little research about my own family; I did go to CEMLA here in Buenos Aires and I did go to the National Archive and checked the ship arrival books, with no luck. I also did check in Fundación Agnelli\'s webpage and got the same results you mentioned; unfortunately, none of the four registered Caffinis who arrived in Buenos Aires is an ancestor of mine. My \"avo\" seems to be (according to my great-grandfather\'s death certificate) some guy named Angel or Angelo Caffini, who died in Argentina around 1889 or 1890. I\'m still trying to get more info about him (thanks for the tip on the Mormon church, I\'ll look into it), but in the meantime I\'m curious to see if there are others with my same surname, just for curiosity\'s sake (I was told there\'s a Caffini guy in the Dallas area, for example).
<BR>Thanks anyway, and good luck!!
<BR>Sebastián Caffini
<BR>Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sebastián Caffini
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ptimber
Master
Master

Caffini, anyone?

Post by ptimber »

There are 8 Caffini starting in 1817 and all from Mantova and the first is Angelo. Go to www.family search.org. Peter