Macrillo, Gulla, Nardo, DeMarco, Quinto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Macrillo, Gulla, Nardo, DeMarco, Quinto

Postby Westernkate » 10 Mar 2007, 21:43

Initially I posted this in the wrong place. :oops:

I am so happy to find I'm not alone in my quest for family history in Italy and that it's difficult. I do have some information but am stuck.

My grandfather Vito Sante Macrillo told me some years ago that he was born Nov 1 1904 in Palermiti Calabria Italy. He said he came to Canada sept 28 1927, my mother tells me it was 1929, via France on a boat on Oct 6 from Bordeaux France - The Roselina, Rossilon (he was unsure of how to pronounce it). He said he came by train from Halifax - Montreal - Ottawa Ontario Canada. My mother said he lived with relatives and married his cousin Carmela.

His father's name was Pasquale Macrillo and his grandfather's name was Guseppe Macrillo we think.

My grandmother Macrillo's name was Carmela. born in Toronto Ontario Canada. Her maiden name was also Macrillo. Her mother's name was Stella Quinto Married to Rocco Macrillo.

I believe Stella was married first to a Vagiano. Stella Quinto's mother was Antoinetta, again unverified. This is interesing to me because I noted at the time of our conversation that Stella Quinto's father's name was Frank..
I understand that Vito's father Pasquale Macrillo married Giovanna Gulla and that two other Macrillo brothers married two of Giovanna's sisters.

This is somewhat unique and might shed some light on my family and where I might find some of the extended family. I knew only my mothers immediate family.

So Rocco Macrillo's father who was Carmela's grandfather and Vito's father were brothers and Rocco's mother and Vito's mother were sisters, if I understand it correctly.

As you can well imagine I am more than a little confused.

Stella Quinto had two brothers Peter and Joe who also came to Canada.
We have no papers and I need some direction as to how to go about getting all this in order and verified. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Seeking info on Gulla, Macrillo, Denofrio, Quinto families. email

Return to “Italian Genealogy”