COMO ITALY

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kesannah

COMO ITALY

Postby kesannah » 04 Apr 2007, 17:23

please can anyone help or advise me?
My Gt. Grandfather is causing me a problem. His name is John Koller born 1821 in Como Italy-Father Joseph Koller. (These details from Johns marriage cert -English)
John arrived in England on a ship named ATTWOOD 5 April 1849. The ship came from Rotterdam to London. John was listed as a PRUSSIAN. He married my Gt. Grandmother in 1854.
Gt. Grandmother said his original name sounded like WARNOVER. I have not been able to prove or disprove this.
I know that he fought with Garbaldi and was one of the Officers in the Lancers (known as the Death Squadron for defending Rome) We did have aphoto of him in uniform on his horse. It was destroyed during WW2.
I would be grateful if anyone could suggest where I may get any information on this or indeed on John. Thanks Kesannah
searching for Koller

sheronb
Veteran
Veteran

Re: COMO ITALY

Postby sheronb » 04 Apr 2007, 18:13

Hi guys, i am going to help Kesannah with sending a email, to try and obtain the birth act of her ancester, do i have the right address to email to?

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI COMO

Via Briantea, 8 22100 COMO
Tel: 031/306368
Fax:031/303308

E-Mail: asco@archivi.beniculturali.it

Guardaroba

DIRETTORE: LUCIA RONCHETTI

Orario di apertura:
LUNEDI-VENERDI : 8.15 - 15.15 SABATO: CHIUSO
Tuzi/Lombardozzi/Polsinelli/Tersigni/La Rocca/Gismondi from Sora,Frosinone.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”