Famiglia CIUFFI, VIGGIANO, PADULA from Stigliano (Matera)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ciuffi

Famiglia CIUFFI, VIGGIANO, PADULA from Stigliano (Matera)

Postby ciuffi » 08 Apr 2007, 17:30

I'm searching members of my family originary from Stigliano (provincia di Matera) in Basilicata.

I'm living in Switzerland and I know that my grandfather (Ciuffi Michele) had a brother (Ciuffi Giovanni) who came in US. My old grandfather (Padula Leonardo) had a brother who came also in US.

I'm sorry for my poor english.

Thanks a lot for your answers

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Famiglia CIUFFI, VIGGIANO, PADULA from Stigliano (Matera

Postby maestra36 » 19 Oct 2007, 20:33

This may connect to your ancestry-

I have a Michele Ciuffi born abt 1867 married to an Angela DiCicco. I know of two children born to them in Stigliano.

daughter Rosa Ciuffi born in Stigliano Jan 22, 1896. (record #15)

son Nicola Ciuffi born in Stigliano about 1910; died in Stigliano Dec 11, 1910. (record #184).

Have a few more Ciuffi in my database but none with the surnames you mention.

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Famiglia CIUFFI, VIGGIANO, PADULA from Stigliano (Matera

Postby BillieDeKid » 19 Oct 2007, 20:49

Hi Ciuffi,

Here is a list of Padula's from Stigliano (I assume that's where the family was from). Do you know Leonardo's brothers name? Or what town or state he was going to in USA? Was he married, have children etc. Do you know about what year he was born?
http://ellisisland.jewishgen.org/gold.p ... ECTION=asc

My question about Giovanni - do you know about when he was born? Was he married, have children? Do you know what his mother and fathers names were?

Elizabeth

Return to “Italian Genealogy”