suanj, Biff, nuccia, wldspirit, vj, et. al- Opinion Needed

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MrB327

suanj, Biff, nuccia, wldspirit, vj, et. al- Opinion Needed

Postby MrB327 » 18 Apr 2007, 15:28

Hello,
Would you folks make a definitive connection from the info below?

I found an IGI record on this family and want to know if I could definitively link them to mine. It just seems like much more than a coincidence. They are all from San Vincenzo La Costa in Cosenza, Calabria.

Giuseppe Ciancio b. 1846
Carolina Presta b. 1848
m. 1866

children:
Angela Luisa b. 1867
Concetta R. b. 1877
Saverio b. 1879-1880
Maria Rosaria b. 1881
Francesco G. b. 1884
Maria Vincenza b. 1887

Now here's what I know for sure:

-My GG-grandmother was Luisa Ciancio (birthday unknown) and she had a sister named Rosaria.
-I know Rosaria's birth year is 1881.
-When Rosaria's husband (Angelo Ricchio) immigrated to the US in 1903 he came with a man named Francesco Ciancio (b. 1884).
-On Rosaria's manifest her named is listed as "M. Rosaria Ciancio" and her passage was paid by her father "Giuseppe".

I'm pretty sure a lot of Italian women went by their middle names so maybe my Luisa was really named Angela Luisa. I know her sister Rosaria listed her name as M. Rosaria on her manifest which could be the Maria Rosaria listed above.

Is this more than a coincidence or do you think I need more info for a definite link?

Thanks For Your Help,
Brian
Researching Ciancio, Panza and Ricchio families in San Vincenzo La Costa, Calabria.

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: suanj, Biff, nuccia, wldspirit, vj, et. al- Opinion Need

Postby Biff83 » 18 Apr 2007, 19:08

Brian,

Please check your in box. I sent you a PM.

Best,
Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Return to “Italian Genealogy”