looking for family members

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gerals

looking for family members

Post by gerals »

I am researching family tree for my mother. Her great great grandfather and his brother came from somewhere in Italy. Their names were Guiseppe Graffini (or possibly Graffine) born 1805 and Antonio Graffini born 1806? or 1807. Sometime during the 1820's they left Italy and made their way across Europe eventually arriving in England around 1832. They married two sisters Elizabeth and Sarah Reynolds in 1834 in Worksop, Nottinghamshire. There are records then tracing Guiseppe Graffini's family through the generations in England but no further trace of Antonio and his wife Sarah after that. In the census of 1851 Guiseppe, now called Joseph, is listed with his family in Nottingham. His place of birth is Italy, and then an illegible town name. It looks like Quinicia or Quinuria although the Q may be another letter. Any ideas or help anyone?
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

Maybe it is QUACINARA, this is a hamlet of GERACI SICULO.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

We went over this once before and without feedback from you it is difficult to find your answer. Do any of the towns that I named or thtowns mentiuoned by Edmondo ring a bell for you???? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you recall I suggested you go to the nearest Mormon Family History Library and research the name which is better than hoping someone can read a document you cannot read by clairvoyance. If you wish to scan and e-mail the portion of the document to me then perhaps I can discern something. Petertimber@msn.com...Peter