Digioia/ Cuccio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
maryrose

Digioia/ Cuccio

Postby maryrose » 12 May 2007, 04:16

:roll: I am still having problems finding my grandparents. Anthony Digioia married to Rose Cuccio. Her brother Frank Cuccio live in Bronx and had 2 kids ..frank jr & camille. anthony Digioia had 2 wives..1 irish and then rose cuccio. 3 kids from first wife living in Kings or bronx. maria ,filomena & beatrice. they moved to Queens @ 47 25 40th street in Sunnyside. Rose had Ida & Mary( named after dead 1/2 sister) and worked on 5th ave as a seamstress. She made dresses for movie stars.He worked for the Naval shipyard. He came from Naples and she from Bari. Antonio Digioia born in naples on 8 July, 1923. Rosa Cuccio born in Bari on 20 Oct, 1885. He was 19 on arrival & she was about 35. My grandmother said her father was the tax collector in Bari around the 1900's. Where can i verify that Cuccio was the name of the tax man in Bari?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”