half/brothers or half sisters of Cosimo Ricciari

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

half/brothers or half sisters of Cosimo Ricciari

Postby juup » 26 Mar 2003, 12:40

I am looking for any information the half brothers/sisters of Cosimo Ricciari he was born in 1878 . HIs mother was Venera Leotta who was born in Sicily in the province of Catania some time in the 1850's. Her second husband was Alfio Ricciari. I do not know the name of her first husband. I do know that they had a number of children and they all apparently immigrated to America sometime in the late 19th century. At some point some of them did return to Sicily in the early 20th century, when their mother Venera Leotta died and the property was divided. I think that they then returned to America. Can any one help?
Can any one suggest ways of finding out the name of Venera's first husband, how many children she had and what became of them?
TIA
Joanne Russo
juup

Postby ptimber » 26 Mar 2003, 15:56

Yes civil records l ike birth,marriage and death records can be obtained by writing to the town of origin for Venera Leotta( Liotta??) and your father which presumably was one and the same. If you know the name of the town then please get back to me so I can give you the proper address. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 25 May 2003, 16:05

did you ever obtain the information you needed in March 26,2003 in Sicily? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy