Renucci from Sommocolonia near Barga, Tuscany.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MichaelSerchio
Rookie
Rookie

Renucci from Sommocolonia near Barga, Tuscany.

Postby MichaelSerchio » 05 Jun 2007, 15:22

Hello,

I am researching the Renucci name from Sommocolonia near Barga, Tuscany.

Stefano Renucci had at least two sons: Pietro and Luigi.
Pietro married Fortuna Mocogni and had at least five sons:
- Amedeo (Jun 1876)
- Giovanni (Mar 1878)
- Luigi (Oct 1879)
- Rocco (Aug 1881)
- Guiseppe (Jun 1883)
Fortuna then remarried Luigi (Pietro's brother) and they had at least two children:
- Placido (Jan 1888)
- Concetta Amelia (Apr 1890)

Michael

lizinitaly

Re: Renucci from Sommocolonia near Barga, Tuscany.

Postby lizinitaly » 11 Dec 2008, 23:39

Buona sera Michael,

I am a keen amateut genealogist living in Coreglia Antelminelli, near Barga.
By sheer coincidence this afternoon, I was showing a friend, Lewis (Luigi) Renucci, how genealogical searches are done using Google, & your message came up regarding his family.

Lewis is a great grandson of Fortunata Mogogno & husband Pietro Renucci.
Unfortunately, although he has a computer, he is not very competent at using it yet, but would very much like to compare notes with you.

He will be in Glasgow over Christmas (after 19th December), staying with his daughter, Lorena, & would be happy for you to phone him there. The number is 01236-732010. Alternatively, if you email me, I will pass on any message before he & his wife leave.

Lewis Renucci
son of Aldo Renucci & Grazia

Aldo, son of Valentino Luigi Renucci & Giuseppina

Valentino Luigi son of Pietro ? Renucci & Fortunata Mogogno

Kind regards,

Liz Wilde

Coreglia Antelminelli

rocksingersnake

Postby rocksingersnake » 01 Jan 2009, 22:25

Hello...

I was wondering if this is the same family ancestors of Pietro Renucci who settled in America, in Ionia, Michigan ? He was my great grandfather.

I am a Renucci, who was born and raised in Ionia, MI., USA, and am looking to find my ancestory in Italy, as I plan to go to Italy in the future.

Thank you...Steven.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 01 Jan 2009, 23:34

Before someone gets here with your information you might wish to ogo to www.ellisisland.org and check out his arrival in the USA at NYC destined to a cousin in Chicago.

You alsomight want to check the local telephone directroy for any relatives at www.paginebianche.it and put in Renucci inthe first line and Barga in the second line clicking CERCA.

Sommoconia is a "frazione" or part of barga which is now a neighborhood or suburb of Barga. Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Barga and then click on Barga after it comes up and you will have information about the town it self. zip code and province to which it belongs as wellas the region of Italy. =Peter=

rocksingersnake

Postby rocksingersnake » 02 Jan 2009, 14:22

Thank you.

What I know, as of so far, is that my great grandfather, Pietro C. Renucci, married Emma A. (Gonnella) Renucci in Barga, Italy on April 12, 1910. They came to America in 1912, there about.
Emma was the daughter of Laurence and Maria (Sichi) Gonnella, and she was born on March 9, 1888 in Barga, Italy. Emma had four brothers in Italy, and one in Ionia, MI., USA, who was Peter Gonnella, and three sisters, one in Glasgow, Scotland, and two in Italy.
I am the son of Jerry Renucci, who is the son of Manual Renucci, the son of Pietro and Emma Renucci.
With this information, I was thinking that possibly we are related, with such similarities as the name, the place of residence, relatives in Glasgow, etc.
I would love to fill in the blanks on my ancestory, and find out about family I have never met, or even known really about. Maybe bring closer a family long seperated.
Thank you....Steven Renucci.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 02 Jan 2009, 15:20

You might wish to conduct your own research at www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html

Form letters are at www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html

Happy New year. =Peter=

Alrenucci

Postby Alrenucci » 29 Dec 2014, 06:32

Steven,
We are related. Your grandfather is my grandfathers brother. My grandfather is Edward Renucci. I am the daughter of Bill Renucci. I would love any information you have found so far.
Angela

rana1624

Postby rana1624 » 26 Sep 2015, 19:25

Is Renucci a different last name in Italy than Ranucci? Is one a corruption of the other, in that families migrated and the name spelling changed (this happened in my own family)? Does anyone know? Thanks.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”