Carmela Limoncello/Limongiello - Lapio (AV) Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gtuscany64

Carmela Limoncello/Limongiello - Lapio (AV) Italy

Postby gtuscany64 » 08 Jun 2007, 22:01

Hoping someone out there can help! My mother-in-law (Rosa Danza) told me that her mother was Carmela Limoncello/Limongiello and her father was Antonio Danza--both of Lapio, Italy. I recently requested Rosa's atto di nascita and when it came back it showed that she was born in a "casa di maternita" and where her father and mother's name is supposed to be listed, it said "N.N." Have since learned that N.N. means non nominato so I think this means that Rosa was adopted and/or was born to an unwed mother.

My question is: Where in the heck do I go from here? I did find a Carmela Limongiello born in Lapio. She had a sister Margarita which matches information that my mother-in-law gave us--she talked about a maternal aunt, Margarita. If I write for a "stato di famiglia" on Carmela will it listed any/all children biological or adopted?

I would welcome any advice at all! I am really at loss here. Thanks!

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Carmela Limoncello/Limongiello - Lapio (AV) Italy

Postby BillieDeKid » 09 Oct 2007, 05:11

Hi gtuscany64,

The "casa di maternita" is "house of maternity". The N.N. means that the parents of the child weren't named. So my guess would be that Carmela Limoncello and Antonio Danza either adopted her as their own or Carmela was her wet nurse at the casa di maternita and brought her home and ended up raising her as a memeber of the family.

Have you checked in to requesting the microfilms from LDS for the town of Carmela and Antonio? You should be able to find their marriage and all the birth certificates for their biological children. I've included the link to help you get started.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp

There are alot of people on the site that can provide more help than I (I'm still pretty new). So hopefully they'll jump in here and give you some guidance and suggestions for your search.

Regards,
Elizabeth

Emmy
Master
Master

Re: Carmela Limoncello/Limongiello - Lapio (AV) Italy

Postby Emmy » 09 Oct 2007, 08:44

Return to “Italian Genealogy”