Need help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Aquafur

Need help

Postby Aquafur » 11 Jun 2007, 14:27

Need help, wondering where to look next?

The surname is Maloi or could be meloi

Found my ggrandmothers birth certificate in Trenton NJ. I am trying to trace her mothers family, specifically where in Italy they are from.

On the birth certificate it has Mother as Anna Milleue and father is Guiseppe Galante. The birth certificate is dated October 7, 1892....On October 13th 1892. Anna dies from complications of childbirth on the death certificate her name is Marie Galanti, it also states her fathers name is Peter Malloy and mother is Rosa Malloy. Also on the death certificate it states that she was a resident for only 2 years. Also at time of deathe she was 23yrs old.

My search then brings me to the 1900 census where I locate both petro and Rosie Last name now spelled Malloi he is 59yrs old she is 58yrs old. he arrived in the US in 1886 and she arived in US in 1890.

What I would like to know is where do I search next, I tryed ship records, but I am not quite sure of the spelling of there last name. My main goal is to find where in Italy they are from. Any suggestions would be so helpful.

Thanks

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Need help

Postby Biff83 » 11 Jun 2007, 15:13

My first inclination is to check for a WWI Draft Card for Pietro and Rosa's son Joe (Giuseppe?) born 1880 per the 1900 census. Where was the family living in 1900? Trenton NJ?

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Aquafur

Re: Need help

Postby Aquafur » 11 Jun 2007, 15:19

They where living in Nwark NJ

I went to Trenton because all the states records are there.

Thanks I will check draft card.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”