Can you help me?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
oldcottonpicker

Can you help me?

Postby oldcottonpicker » 17 Jun 2007, 04:21

40 years ago I dated a young Italian woman who was from NJ attending college in Memphis.

Recently I came across picture of her, I can't help but wonder where she is today. She spoke of becoming a nun, I often wonder if she did. That really scared me, for I was getting so close to her. I did not know what I would do if I got any closer to her and she did decide to become a nun.

So far I cannot find nothing with her last name on it. I'm still going to look thru some old letter I wrote my mother in 67. I feel sure I mentioned her in the letters to my mother while I was in the Air Force, I've just got to remember where they are and try and dig them out. I've searched the net and the closes names to her last names I can come up with is Ditacchio and or DiTacchio.

I remember the pronunciation of her name, but spelling after all this time escapes me, but it sounded something like Pistachio only started with the letter D.

I just recently started a blog, hoping her and or someone that might know her just might accidentally come up on it. And I have 2 pictures of her linked to this blog.

http://isawlindayesterdaycom.blogspot.com/

Can anyone here give me any help with this last name? When I find the letters, I might accidentally come up with her old home address in New Jersey from back in 1967.

May God Bless,
Jerry

"I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tent of wickedness."
Psalms 84:10

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Can you help me?

Postby suanj » 17 Jun 2007, 13:15

In Italy exist:
-TACCHIO
-DI TACCHIO ( with space)
-STACCHIO
-D'EUSTACCHIO (2 C)
-D'EUSTACHIO (1 C)

hoping helpful.. regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 17 Jun 2007, 13:17

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

oldcottonpicker

Postby oldcottonpicker » 17 Jun 2007, 19:05

suanj wrote:In Italy exist:
-TACCHIO
-DI TACCHIO ( with space)
-STACCHIO
-D'EUSTACCHIO (2 C)
-D'EUSTACHIO (1 C)

hoping helpful.. regards, suanj

Suanj,

Thanks so much, I really appreciate this help you have given me. This one looks kind of familiar, D'EUSTACCHIO , D'EUSTACHIO .

The ' sure seems to be bringing back some memory from 40 years ago. I wrote her many letters in early 67, wrote that last name many times.

I know I've got a photo memory, if only I could figure out how to develop it.

I had really searched the net up and down trying to find different ways it might be spelled.

Again, thank you much.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 18 Jun 2007, 04:47

D'EUSTACCHIO , D'EUSTACHIO are surnames of Abruzzo region especially.... maybe can help... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

oldcottonpicker

Postby oldcottonpicker » 18 Jun 2007, 22:18

Thank You Suanj, I do appreciate your help. I'll leave you know if I come up with something.

Here sometime back thru the internet, I found an airman I served with in the 60's.

The world wide web is pretty good for such searches, and I have found many people such as you who are extermly helpful.

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 19 Jun 2007, 00:46

Have you tried the college yearbooks? They generally include names and photos of even the underclassmen. That may help you with the spelling of her name.

If she graduated, you may be able to get information from the alumni office.

oldcottonpicker

Postby oldcottonpicker » 19 Jun 2007, 03:43

I've searched the net, I have not been able to come up with nothing on Siena College, Memphis, TN.

Except for a couple of people who has it listed on a profile, and just its name and that it closed some where around 1970- to 72 is all I come up with on th net.

Do you know where I would need to look for college yearbooks?

Or if she did become a nun, is there any where you know I might search for a list of nuns?

oldcottonpicker

Postby oldcottonpicker » 20 Jun 2007, 22:13

I found an obituary listing in New Jersey that just might be Linda's father, if so she has an older sister who is listed in classmates.com. According to the obituary Linda married a Volk of Ontario, Canada and was living there in 2002. I've searched for Linda Volk but come up empty handed. I did find one but she was quite a bit to young.

If I was a paying member of classmates.com, and her sister Peggy Ann was to, I could e-mail her and maybe find out if this is the right one. I just having a gut feeling that it is. But this old county preacher does not have a credit card to join up with classmates.com with to find out.

I sent an e-mail to the funeral home that handled the service, don't know if I will hear back from them, but sure hoping I will.

I did find this out from the public library in Memphis, it might help someone, they sent this to me.

<<Thank you for your question. The public library's Memphis and Shelby County Room has a newspaper clipping file on Siena College as well as the yearbooks from the years 1960-70. The Memphis and Shelby County Room is located on the fourth floor of the Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library, 3030 Poplar Avenue. The library is open M-Th 9-9, Fri-Sat 9-6 and Sun 1-5.>>

So anyone wanting to see a yearbook from some school or college, if they happen to live close enough to the school, they might go to the local public library and find yearbooks they would love to look thru.

Which I live to far from Memphis for that, I live in the Southwest corner of Arkansas and Memphis is all the way up in the Northeast corner.

I always think it nice when some one give you a bit of help to let them know of any progress, so I'll try and do that. It just might give someone else a clue in helping them find a loved one. Oh, I have found e-mail adress to about 4 d'Eustachio, I've sent e-mails to them, maybe I will heard back from them.

I wanted to post this and let you know where I have gotten to and to once again to thank each of you for taking time to help me in this endeavor.

May God Bless,
Jerry

"I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tent of wickedness."

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 21 Jun 2007, 14:02

jerry I wish good luck for your search... let us know anything... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

oldcottonpicker

Postby oldcottonpicker » 21 Jun 2007, 14:53

Thank you suanj.

In the early hours of this morning I found a messaged board for the home town for who I think to be Linda's sister. I got two responses, one sound's just a bit promising. Of course I want hold my breath, at least not quite yet.

With the inter-net age, if you know someone's home town your likely to find a message board for that town. If you will post who your looking for on that message board you just might run into them and or someone who knows them. I found a Air Force friend I served with using this method a few months back and got to talk with him on the telephone.

Also about a year ago I found a man I went to basic training at Lackland AFB with in early 1966 by doing this. We exchanged some pictures we both took in basic training, that was rather neat to meet after all these years.

May God Bless,
Jerry

oldcottonpicker

Postby oldcottonpicker » 22 Jun 2007, 01:43

I'm amazed, the 1st post I made under this topic, if one searches Google for Linda d'Eustachio, it comes up on the very 1st page. I'm very impressed.

There just might be hope that her and or a family member of a friend will come upon this.

I'm surely glad I found your message board, that's for sure.

oldcottonpicker

Postby oldcottonpicker » 20 Jul 2007, 16:34

I just wanted to come back and let you all know I appreicate the help that you gave me much much.

After a bit over 40 years I am not in contact with Linda d'Eustachio. She found a message I left on the net with a link to the one of the 3 blogs that I had set up with hopes of finding her.

A couple of days ago I received a message that someone had left a comment on that blog, to my surprise when I read it, it was Linda.

I suggest anyone that is looking for a long lost friend to post as many messages seeking them as they can in whatever place you think they might go to on the net.

Linda found my because she was searching a family members name.

I might add that Zabba Search is a great place to look up address as well as leave a message for a friend, I notice that the search engines do pick up message there and shows them on their searches as it did these post That i made here.

http://www.zabasearch.com/

Again, thanks so much for your help and for just being here.

May God Bless,
Jerry

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 20 Jul 2007, 16:37

wonderful Jerry, simply.. WONDERFUL!
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”