THE RANIERI FAMILY TREE

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CAROLRANIERI

THE RANIERI FAMILY TREE

Postby CAROLRANIERI » 30 Mar 2003, 22:58

WE ARE TRACING MY HUSBAND'S ANCESTRY IN ITALY. HIS NAME IS ANGELO MICHAEL RANIERI, JR. HIS GRANDFATHER WAS BENIAMINO RANIERI AND HE MARRIED TERESA TIRONE IN ITALY. THEIR CHILDREN FLORINDO, ANGELO, JULIA AND ROSE WERE BORN IN L'AQUILA.
BENIAMINO WAS CHIEF OF POLICE PERFECTO.

FLORINDO BORN 2/28/1890 CAME TO THE USA WITH HIS SON BENIAMINO IN 1920 THROUGH ELLIS ISLAND. HIS WIFE ROSE VESSELLA CAME TO US BUT DON'T KNOW WHEN. HIS OTHER 5 CHILDREN WERE BORN IN THE USA. HE AND HIS FAMILY RESIDED IN PROVIDENCE, RI.

ANGELO WAS BORN DECEMBER 31, 1891. HE JOINED THE US ARMY DURING WWI AND ENTERED THE USA THROUGH CANADA AND NIAGRA FALLS. HE ENDED UP IN PHILADELPHIA WHERE HE MARRIED MARY MARINELLO AND HAD 6 CHILDREN. MY HUSBAND IS #4.

ROSE DIED IN A BOMBING RAID DURING WWII. WE DON'T KNOW WHETHER SHE HAD A FAMILY OR NOT.

JULIA MARRIED IN ITALY AND HAD 2 CHILDREN.
FELICE LEONARDO ENTERED THE PRIESTHOOD AND RETIRED AS BISHOP FELICE LEONARDO AND NOW LIVES AT CERRETO SANNITA-TELESE-SANT'AGATA DE' GOTI. HE IS ABOUT 88 YR. AND ONLY SPEAKS ITALIAN.

JOSEPHINE MARRIED IN ITALY AND HAD 3 SONS, ROBERTO-CPA, ALBERTO-OPERA SINGER, AMADEO-ARTIST.

TRYING TO FIND THE LAST NAME OF HIS SISTERS FAMILY, SO THAT WE MAY CONTACT THEM FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE FAMILY. THEY ARE THE ONLY CONTACTS WE KNOW OF IN ITALY.PERHAPS THE BISHOP BUT WE DON'T SPEAK ITALIAN.ALSO CAN'T FIND ANY INFORMATION ON WHERE MY HUSBAND'S FATHER ENTERED THE US. HELP!!!
[/b]

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 31 Mar 2003, 04:55

As for the Bishop you can go to www.paginebianche.it and insert the word for parish PARROCCHIA in the first line and SANT'AGATA DE'GOTI in the third line and then click CERCA below it. There will appear a listing for two churches. Select the top most one Parrocchia Cattedrale and give them a call on the telephone number 0823.953059 or write them a letter in simple english if you cannot write italian and there is no high school or college nearby with a language department and ask them for the Bishops address or telephone number. Peter

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 31 Mar 2003, 04:58

As for his fathers entry into the USA go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and file form 81 (US passenger arrivals ) with NARA and then start working backwards when you find the information. Get back to me when you know the town of origin either fromn the retired Bishop or NARA. Peter

CAROLRANIERI

father's birthplace

Postby CAROLRANIERI » 02 Apr 2003, 04:32

The town where my father-in-law was born was Alfedena. They were also associated with Pietra Malera.

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 02 Apr 2003, 05:07

what do you want to do with this information? Peter

JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Postby JohnArmellino » 07 Sep 2003, 04:20

I recently helped a friend research her family tree, which included two Ranieri branches. They were from the Comune of Scontrone in the Province of L'Aquila. I note that your family originated in L'Aquila. If you find a connection to Scontrone, which was and is a very small comune, please feel free to contact me and I will provide you with what information I have. Good luck!
John Armellino

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 07 Sep 2003, 05:51

JOHN ARMELLINO ALL THIS PERSON WANTS TO KNOW IS WHERE HER HUSBANDS FATHER ENTERED THE USA AND YOUR INTERJECTION IN AN ONGOING POSTING IS OFFENSIVE PARTICULARLY WHEN IT HAS NO RELEVANCE EXCEPT IN YOUR MIND!!

I QUESTION YOUR MOTIVES IN THIS REGARD AND ASK YOU TO USE BETTER JUDGEMENT WHEN INTRUDING ON A POSTING. THANK YOU

PETER

JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Postby JohnArmellino » 08 Sep 2003, 05:30

dele
John Armellino

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 08 Sep 2003, 15:12

Just avoid my postings since you are not aware of where I am heading and what I am doing. Lots of luck to you. Peter

ranierifamily

Re: THE RANIERI FAMILY TREE

Postby ranierifamily » 18 Jan 2008, 19:44

I too am looking for the Ranieri family. My Great-Grandfather was Natale Ranieri born Feb 3, 1889. He immigrated from naples, Italy in 1908 to Philadelphia. He married Mary Pettiianato who was also from italy. I would like to know if we are related, and if you have any info on my family in Italy or America. Thank you.

saccolicious

Re: THE RANIERI FAMILY TREE

Postby saccolicious » 21 Jan 2008, 23:18

My great-great-grandfather's name was Francesco Ranieri born 1861 in Civitaquana, Pescara, Abruzzi, Italy. He married Chiara Di Meco and had 8 children we know of : Tito, Aurelio, Amina, Paolina, Maria Grazia, Pasquale, Elvira, and Angelo (all born between 1885-1900). Most of the children came to America in the early 1900s and moved to the Boston area. Like to hear if anyone knows of these names.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”