marandalo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jolynn
Elite
Elite

marandalo

Postby jolynn » 17 Jun 2007, 13:33

hello again, does the surname marandalo have any meaning to anyone as well, my great grandmother rosa marandalo was born in cassino, have i got the spelling correct, thanks again, regards john

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: marandalo

Postby wldspirit » 18 Jun 2007, 06:05

It appears the correct spelling is MARANDOLA, found in Cassino. Hope this helps.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

jolynn
Elite
Elite

Postby jolynn » 18 Jun 2007, 09:28

hello wldspirit, thankyou so much, she was from the cassino area, i wonder if there are any of her ancesters left there. thanks again, regards john

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 18 Jun 2007, 09:41

Happy to have helped...... :D
Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 18 Jun 2007, 14:08

John,
On the Italian white pages site below, type in Marandola in the Cognome field and Cassino in the Dove field. You should get 21 hits for Marandola's currently living in Cassino.
Pagine Bianche

If you'd like to contact potential relatives, here's a site which will help you compose a letter.
Relatives Letter

edited to add, Official website of the city of Cassino
City of Cassino

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 18 Jun 2007, 14:50

Hello again John,
I noticed you also have family connections to Cervaro. Have you ever heard of war hero Vittorio Marandola from Cervaro? He was a member of the Carabinieri during World War II who was executed in 1944 by the Fascists in place of convicted civilians in the resistance? Possible relative? I found this article in Italian while searching for infromation on Marandolas.
Vittorio Marandola

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

jolynn
Elite
Elite

Postby jolynn » 18 Jun 2007, 19:22

hello biff, thankyou for that, it is very interesting, i will try to get it translated as my italian is only conversational, thanks again, kind regards john

corpet

Postby corpet » 22 Aug 2007, 22:21

Im Looking for relatives that lived in Cervaro Frosinone Italy Pasquale Marandola Married to Angela Marandola {Fionda} Mothers First Cousin Vittorio Marandola executed by Nazies in 1944.
Will be coming to italy for holiday Pete

Claire1987

Re: marandola

Postby Claire1987 » 12 Dec 2007, 17:09

Hi there!

Vittorio Marandola's story was handed down through our family. He is my mothers grandfather's nephew - we think!

My mothers great grandfather was born in Cervaro, as was her grandfather Giovanni Antony. He came over to Scotland, which is where my mothers father, Carlo Angelo, was born. My grandfather has an uncle in Kirklifton called Ernest.

If any of this rings any bells, let me know!

Claire

Elio

Postby Elio » 26 Dec 2008, 05:44

Hello all.

Very late to this forum but will add this note for anyone else looking for further information regarding Vittorio Marandola. My mother's maiden name is Marandola and she is Vittorio's cousin. I grew up listening to my mother talk about Vittorio's sacrifice (along with two others). My mother's name is Filomena and she has 7 other brothers and sisters who all come from the "Marandola" -a tiny village with a small square and water fountain where Vittorio is honored every August to celebrate his memory and sacrifice. this small borgo is just outside of Cervaro and close to Cassino. There are still some Marandola's living in the area. I live in Vancouver, BC Canada and so did my mother's two brothers who are now deceased. The other side of the family lives in France.

If anyone has any specific questions I will be glad to answer.

Elio

jolynn
Elite
Elite

Postby jolynn » 26 Dec 2008, 10:35

hello elio, merry christmas, are the records for the village of marandola kept in cervaro? do you know who the parents of vittorio marandola are? also the names of any of vittorio,s siblings. i now believe my great grandmother rosa was born marandola, she married about 1880 to a man called aquila conte, they had 5 children,one being my grandmother. aquila died in 1896 and they came to england in 1902, it as been so difficult finding records of them as the offices in cervaro and cassino were destroyed in the war along with the records. i would guess that if you go far enough back you will find a family connection to all the marandola,s. it is just finding the connection. it is a most frustrating search but i guess will be all the more rewarding when i have what i want. well take care, kind regards, john

Stephen1974

Re: marandola

Postby Stephen1974 » 29 Aug 2010, 13:40

Claire1987 wrote:Hi there!

Vittorio Marandola's story was handed down through our family. He is my mothers grandfather's nephew - we think!

My mothers great grandfather was born in Cervaro, as was her grandfather Giovanni Antony. He came over to Scotland, which is where my mothers father, Carlo Angelo, was born. My grandfather has an uncle in Kirklifton called Ernest.

If any of this rings any bells, let me know!

Claire

elio156

Postby elio156 » 29 Sep 2010, 06:08

Hi,
Vittorio Marandola is a distant relative of mine. I have him listed in my family tree along with his brother and sister, parents and grand parents. If anyone wishes any more info please contact me.
Elio

pendora

Postby pendora » 08 Jan 2011, 17:56

Hi I am a newbie to this site and was excited to see so many threads to do with the Marandola family, my grandparents were Marandola's when they were alive and I used to visit they lived in South Queensferry Scotland UK they used to own an icecream/tearoom my grandmothers name was Virginia Rosa and pop's was Giovanni (John?) they had two sons Carlos and Desmond and one daughter Flora only one is alive now, Carlos. Flora was my mother she never told me much about the history of her family other than we had a hero in the family of which I have an old postcard with a picture of a monument to Vittorio Marandol I have been doing some research to try find some information but with so little to go on it is very hard, can anyone help me please? My mother had six children only 5 are left and I would like to get something before it is too late for my oldester sister to find out so she can pass on to her only daughter, and I can pass onto my two children. Thanks

MaRessl1

Postby MaRessl1 » 25 Feb 2012, 21:49

My great grandfather was a Marandola from Rhode Island. He was married to a Jessie Sutherland and before that a Mary Grace Goyette. Mary was my great grandmother. The family history was lost because his granddaughter, my mother, was given up at birth. Also, John changed his last name to Randal in order to assimilate.

I am putting together our family tree and I only have John Marandola, Mary Grace Goyette, who later moved to Canada, my grandmother... Dorothy MaRandola (Randal-when name changed due to assimilation) and Joyce Randall- my mother.

Thank You.

Mary

Return to “Italian Genealogy”