DISCENZA / BARATTA / PALLIDINO from CAMPOBASSO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
debfla

DISCENZA / BARATTA / PALLIDINO from CAMPOBASSO

Postby debfla » 19 Jun 2007, 18:26

Here is what I have so far:

My grandfather was Jim DeShance (DiScenza) b.1901 in Baranello d. 1963 in Cleveland OH. His parents are John DiScenza d. 1953 in Cleveland OH and Anna DiScenza d.1955 in Cleveland OH. Anna's maiden name is also DiScenza. Grandpa Jim came over thru Canada and I have those records. John and Anna's other children are Anthony, Mike, Ben, Joe, and Giovanna.

My Gram was Carmella Baratta b. 1912 in Cleveland OH, d. 1982 in Cleveland OH. Her parents were John Baratta b. 3 Sep 1878 in Vinchiaturo, d. 1953 in Cleveland OH and Catherine Pallidino d. 26 Nov 1918 in Clevland OH. John married Mary Vendittio in Italy sometime after Nov 1918. Mary died in Connecticut. John's father was Tony Baratta b. 1950 in Italy.

If anyone has any links to my family, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks
Deb

debfla

Re: DISCENZA / BARATTA / PALLIDINO from CAMPOBASSO

Postby debfla » 24 Jun 2007, 02:43

debfla wrote:Here is what I have so far

My grandfather was Jim DeShance (DiScenza) b.1901 in Baranello d. 1963 in Cleveland OH. His parents are John DiScenza d. 1953 in Cleveland OH and Anna DiScenza d.1955 in Cleveland OH. Anna's maiden name is also DiScenza. Grandpa Jim came over thru Canada and I have those records. John and Anna's other children are Anthony, Mike, Ben, Joe, and Giovanna.

My Gram was Carmella Baratta b. 1912 in Cleveland OH, d. 1982 in Cleveland OH. Her parents were John Baratta b. 3 Sep 1878 in Vinchiaturo, d. 1953 in Cleveland OH and Catherine Pallidino d. 26 Nov 1918 in Clevland OH. John married Mary Vendittio in Italy sometime after Nov 1918. Mary died in Connecticut. John's father was Tony Baratta b. 1950 in Italy.

If anyone has any links to my family, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks
Deb
I have found more info.

My gggf Antonio (Tony) Baratta b.1849 Italy d.1944 Cleveland OH married Carmella Pistilli. children were John, Angela, Anunziata, and Maria. Carmella decease, married Giovanna (Jenny) Antonucci had son Pasquale. Jenny had son Nicholas by first marriage. (Nicholas married Maria Baratta) Antonio Baratta's parents were Crescenzo Baratta and Angela DiBiase. 3 children - Antonio, Nicholas b.1847, Carmine b.1851.

GGGF Giovanni DiScenza b.1860 Baranello, son of Berardino DiScenza and Caterina Palazzo . He married Anna in 1890 in Baranello. Anna, daighter of Giuseppe DiScenza and Maria Niro.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks
Deb

Return to “Italian Genealogy”