Castricone/Popoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
castricone

Castricone/Popoli

Post by castricone »

I am looking for info on the Castricone family from Popoli Thanks
denman922
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Castricone/Popoli

Post by denman922 »

WW1 Drft reg

Name: Nick Castricone
Address: 97 Amity rd, Westville
City: New Haven
County: New Haven
State: Connecticut
Birthplace: Popoli Aquila, Italy
Birth Date: 7 Jun 1896
Roll: 1561909
DraftBoard: 1
Descendant of Rotolo of Rizziconi, Cabriel/Gabriel of Belluno(BL), Froner,Ell,Ognibeni,Moschen of Levico Terme(TN), Libardi,Avancini of Barco di Levico(TN), Bernardi of Ponte nelle Alpi(BL), Metz of Bronzolo(BZ), Bonatti of Martello (BZ),Atz of Salorno(BZ
denman922
Rookie
Rookie

Post by denman922 »

Castricone, can you post to the board any first names and where they may have lived between 1900 and 1930?
Descendant of Rotolo of Rizziconi, Cabriel/Gabriel of Belluno(BL), Froner,Ell,Ognibeni,Moschen of Levico Terme(TN), Libardi,Avancini of Barco di Levico(TN), Bernardi of Ponte nelle Alpi(BL), Metz of Bronzolo(BZ), Bonatti of Martello (BZ),Atz of Salorno(BZ
castricone

Post by castricone »

My grandfathers name would have been Roc. My grandmothers maiden name was Dimascio They came to the US around 1912. They lived in and around Columbus Ohio. My grandfather died in the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic. My grandmother died in the 1970's.
Most of the Castricone family seems to be in NY state and New England.
I've been researching casually for a few months. The more I find the more intereting it becomes.
I have heard an intereting story about the origin of the name. Popoli was called Castrum Properi and was owned by a family named Roccone. This would have been around 1016 AD. I don't know if this is true or someones imagination. Have you heard this story before?
Thanks