New On-line Databases accessable for free at the FHL

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Essgee
Master
Master

New On-line Databases accessable for free at the FHL

Post by Essgee »

There are three new sources of info availble at the FHL for free searches.

www.WorldVitalRecords.com
a search engine for world vital records, Evertons, and the like

www.Godfrey.org
a library of genealogical and historical material.

www.footnote.com
This site is in association with the NARA and will have original documents from the NARA on line. One interesting feature is the Naturalizations records available on line. Links to the original records. You need to check out the site to see what is available. Worth a trip to the FHL for sure.

All are premium sites, but at the FHL you can access them for free.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: New On-line Databases accessable for free at the FHL

Post by wldspirit »

Great info Essgee....will need to check in with my local library and see what I can find!!
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Hi Wldspirit....

In addition to the above, I read the FHL website details today. They are attempting to put all the info they have on microfilm on their site by the year 2010, from what I understand. What I did not know, was that they are working with other sites to speed up the process of getting the info to the internet.

I noticed that Ancestry now has full complete civil records for a town in Catanzaro-Falerna. It covers from 1810 to 1936. The records are incredible...imagine being able to pull up all the birth, death, marriage records for a 125 year period! The next town to be made available is Como.

I wonder if these records were made available to Ancestry by the FHL? They stated they would be allowed on paid sites if the only pay was the cost of maintainece of the records...interesting.

Anyway, expect in the next 3-5 years another explosion of genealogy on the Internet. When I first started 10 years ago, there was almost nothing. In fact Cyndi's list at the time was boasting something like 10,000 links...now look at it!

What fun awaits!
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Now is the Fhl going to provide these free of charge on their site, or will Ancestry be adding them to their site?? If Ancestry is in charge......then I
would imagine a rate increase is on the horizon as well...... :?
But I would gladly pay the price if only my town of origin were to be found on microfilm!!!!!!
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."