Famiglia/Family/Familia Remotti - cercando la mia famiglia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marceloremotti

Famiglia/Family/Familia Remotti - cercando la mia famiglia

Post by marceloremotti »

Io sto cercando il conection di italian della mia famiglia. Ho circa 600 nomi nel mio albero genealogico ed io voglio ora conoscere dettagli mio grande nonno Fransciso Remotti, nato 1860-1870? nell'area di Castelfer, Allessandria. Lui andò via ad Argentina circa i 1890/1900, morì nel 1934, figlio di Jose Remotti, Ana Geronima Fosatti sposato con quattro bambini di italian Carlo, Blas, Maria, Geronimo (mio nonno)

Estoy buscando la conexion italiana de mi familia. Tengo 600 nombres en mi arbol genealogico y quiero encontrar mas datos sobre mi bisabuelo paterno Francisco (Francesco?) Remotti - Nacido 1860/70? en la zona de Castelfer, Allessandria. Emigro a la Argentina entre 1890/1900, fallecido 1934, hijo de Jose Remotti, casado con Ana Geronima Fosatti, cuatro hijos italianos Carlo, Blas, Maria, Geronimo (mi abuelo).

Cualquier informacion sera agradecida, ofrezco mis vinculos en Argentina y USA donde resido ahora.

I am looking for my family's italian conection. I have around 600 names in my family tree and now I want to know details about my great grandfather Fransciso Remotti, born 1860-1870? in the area of Castelfer, Allessandria. He left to Argentina around 1890/1900, died in 1934, son of Jose Remotti, married Ana Geronima Fosatti, with four italian children Carlo, Blas, Maria, Geronimo (my grandfather)

Any help will be sincerely appreciated, I offer my own information in USA and Argentina.

Spanish/English/Italiano
Puede ser en castellano, ingles o italiano (leo pero no lo hablo)

grazie mille, muchas gracias, thank you very much

Marcelo Remotti
mremotti@mindspring.com
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Famiglia/Family/Familia Remotti - cercando la mia famigl

Post by nuccia »

Have you been able to obtain Francesco's death record? This should provide details about his birth date and his parents names and maybe even their ages.

You would then be able to find his birth act and perhaps locate other records through microfilm at the FHC or by writing away to the Comune in Italy.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
marceloremotti

Post by marceloremotti »

Hello Nuccia,
Unfortunately my grandfather had no records of anyone in Italia.
Do you know where in Italia should I write? you mentioned the Comune but I am not familiar with that organization.
Thanks
Marcelo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the wife surname could be FOSSATI and no Fosatti... maybe can help.... suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

If your Francesco REMOTTI born some Common of Alessandria province, well if you know some sure data, you can write in Alessandria State Archive, asking Lista di leva or Ruolo Matricolare ( militar service) paper, and so you can to know the right birthplace and the birthdate and name parents:

D i s t r e t t o m i l i t a r e d i A l e s s a n d r i a , regg.765(classi 1 8 4 0 - 1 8 9 5 ) .
Rubriche alfabetiche.

address:

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI ALESSANDRIA
Via G. Solero 43
15100 Alessandria (AL)
ITALY

here the email
http://www.archivi.beniculturali.it/ASAL/

suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
marceloremotti

Post by marceloremotti »

suanj wrote:the wife surname could be FOSSATI and no Fosatti... maybe can help.... suanj
I only have one record with her name and is spelled FOSATTI, but this is my father's birth certificate in Argentina, where his parents and grandparents names were recorded, although this could have been a typographical error by the clerk.

Also thank you Suanj for the information regarding where to contact the Alessandria offices.

Thanks
Marcelo
marceloremotti

Post by marceloremotti »

suanj wrote:If your Francesco REMOTTI ...
D i s t r e t t o m i l i t a r e d i A l e s s a n d r i a , regg.765(classi 1 8 4 0 - 1 8 9 5 ) .
Rubriche alfabetiche.
address:
ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI ALESSANDRIA
Via G. Solero 43
15100 Alessandria (AL)
ITALY
here the email
http://www.archivi.beniculturali.it/ASAL/

suanj
I was able to contact thme and received a very nice letter explaining it is too much work to look for records but they had found some information from a previous search which could match FRANCESCO's. (quote)
Premesso ciò, ci scusiamo per i tempi di attesa e La informiamo che sono state visionate le rubriche dei registri dagli anni 1850 agli anni 1870 ma l’esito della ricerca è stato negativo.
Tuttavia è stato rinvenuto un nominativo simile, tale REMOTTI ANTONIO FRANCESCO di Giuseppe e di Silvano Maria nato il 17 agosto 1850 a POZZOLO FORMIGARO.
Inoltre, parte delle liste di Leva della provincia di Alessandria, relative agli anni 1792-1889, si possono rinvenire presso l’Archivio di Stato di Torino, al quale Le suggeriamo di rivolgersi, specificando che la ricerca è già stata fatta nell’Archivio di Stato di Alessandria.

Distinti saluti

IL DIRETTORE
( dott. Giovanni Maria Panizza )
(end quote)

The date of birth and name of GIUSEPPE mentioned by Mr. Panizza make sense but I am not sure this Francsco is the same since I have no other records to verify.

For your information the email for the archivio di stati is asal@archivi.beniculturali.it

Marcelo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

abt Email of Archive: "for information...etc..." to me.. info? but I knew...!
-abt the record found by archive: obviously is no you ancestor
-abt Archive advice: you can contact Torino archive, they have also other militar records of Alessandria area, for men born from 1792 to 1889
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH