Nonna born/married same comune-should I send 1 letter or 2?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Nonna born/married same comune-should I send 1 letter or 2?

Postby peggymckee » 06 Jul 2007, 15:11

My grandmother was born & married in the same comune, Stazzema. I need both her birth & marriage certificates (for dual citizenship purposes).

Any experience as to whether one letter for each certificate or one letter for both works better?

Also should I send the request 1) registered airmail or 2) USPS international express mail or 3) Fedex international or 4) regular airmail. Answers from those with experience, please!

Also, should I include information about the volume in which I found the records--luckily for me LDS has them on microfilm. Or should I leave this to the civil authorities?

Many thanks, Peggy M

Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Re: Nonna born/married same comune-should I send 1 letter or

Postby Poipuo4 » 06 Jul 2007, 15:57

I can't answer the first question, but as for how to mail it, if time is not of the essence, I think regular air mail is fine. I have sent all my requests via regular air mail and I have usually received a reply from 2 weeks to a month after writing the letter. As for your last question, it is best to give the commune as much information as you can. So, if you have the volume number or number of the record, it is good to supply them with this, as well as (of course) the full name, birth date and even names of the parents if known.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia

peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Postby peggymckee » 06 Jul 2007, 16:29

Many thanks! By any chance do you understand enough Italian to tell me if I can request the certificates by Email? I don't know who to Email--or if they offer this service. Again thanks. Peg

Stazzema comune home page
http://www.comune.stazzema.lu.it/index.php

People & family section
http://www.comune.stazzema.lu.it/index. ... tiche&id=4

Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Postby Poipuo4 » 06 Jul 2007, 16:48

I can only read simple Italian. If you are looking for a birth certificate, I would write to this man, Amerigo Guidi:
Dichiarazione di Nascita
Oggetto della prestazione Atto di nascita
Responsabile del procedimento Amerigo Guidi

and here is the address: Piazza Europa, 6 - 55040 Pontestazzemese (LU)

I don't see anything about how to make requests. I have only done requests by writing a letter as opposed to e-mail. My understanding is that they usually require, by law, a photo copy of your i.d. That is why I have always done this via airmail.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 06 Jul 2007, 20:06

peggymckee wrote:My grandmother was born & married in the same comune, Stazzema. I need both her birth & marriage certificates (for dual citizenship purposes).

Any experience as to whether one letter for each certificate or one letter for both works better?

Also should I send the request 1) registered airmail or 2) USPS international express mail or 3) Fedex international or 4) regular airmail. Answers from those with experience, please!

Also, should I include information about the volume in which I found the records--luckily for me LDS has them on microfilm. Or should I leave this to the civil authorities?

Many thanks, Peggy M

Hi Peggy, here the right webpage of civil record office of Stazzema ; you can send also a email, and please to write all data that you have abt your ancestors, and to write also your complete and exact address...

http://www.comune.stazzema.lu.it/index. ... tura&id=62
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Postby peggymckee » 06 Jul 2007, 22:02

Dear Suanj,

Many thanks for the link. I myself had found the main Stazzema website but wasn't certain who to Email. So I sent a letter earlier today by regular air mail. I hope to have Teresa Alida Luigia Bertellotti's birth & marriage certificates soon.

I have many, many ancestors in this beautiful little place, so I will certainly use the Email link in the future.

Many thanks, Peggy M

Return to “Italian Genealogy”