Drinkwater's in Boston

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
26 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby Drink8648 » 09 Jul 2007, 16:03

Greetings,

I am one of the many Italian Drinkwater's living in the Boston area. I know that my Great Grandfather's name was Sylvester and he resided in the North end of Boston. Supposedly he came from Bari.
I am looking for any information on him or family that still lives in Italy.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Gary
User avatar
Drink8648
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Boston

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby JamesBianco » 09 Jul 2007, 16:40

So would his surname have been Bevilacqua in Italy?

If you provide more information (like when Sylvester was born / emigrated or at the very least where he lived in 1920/1930) there are many wonderful people here who can help you.

:D

(I am also from Massachusetts, to the west, next to Springfield)
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
 
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 01:00
Location: Westfield, MA.

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby Drink8648 » 09 Jul 2007, 17:35

JamesBianco wrote:So would his surname have been Bevilacqua in Italy?

If you provide more information (like when Sylvester was born / emigrated or at the very least where he lived in 1920/1930) there are many wonderful people here who can help you.

:D

(I am also from Massachusetts, to the west, next to Springfield)


Yes, Bevilacqua was his surname. I've been told that his birth town was Bari. While living here, he settled in the North end and I believe eventually lived in Everett, MA. Thank you for your response.

Gary
User avatar
Drink8648
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Boston

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby Biff83 » 09 Jul 2007, 17:55

Gary,
Was your great grandfather a carpenter? Was his wife's name Amelia or something similar? Was his year of birth about 1859? Were these his children? Frank. George, Lena, Rose, Mollie, Sylvester, Jr.?

Biff
"There are only two lasting bequests we can give our children - one is roots, and the other, wings." -- Hodding S. Carter

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
 
Posts: 2743
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 01:00

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby Manjestic » 11 Jul 2007, 16:10

Gary, any relation to the perennial fan behind home plate at Fenway Park, Dennis Drinkwater? The owner of Giant Glass, by the way.
User avatar
Manjestic
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: US

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby Drink8648 » 11 Jul 2007, 16:57

Manjestic wrote:Gary, any relation to the perennial fan behind home plate at Fenway Park, Dennis Drinkwater? The owner of Giant Glass, by the way.


Yes, no, maybe! I have communicated with him a few times over the past few years and he originally denied any relation. On one of our last chats, I mentioned some names that I heard over the years, it was Louis the Barber that solidified our connection. I guess when I join him for a game, I will then be one of the family. I'm not holding my breath!

Biff83,
I'm working on getting Sylvesters wife name. Hopefully soon. Thanks for your help

Gary
User avatar
Drink8648
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Boston

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby Drink8648 » 13 Jul 2007, 15:55

More Info. On my grandmothers side, her name was Clair Drinkwater. Her fathers name was Vito Frederick (Maybe Frederico) her mothers maiden name was Rita Pizzi.

Gary
User avatar
Drink8648
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Boston

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby kiddle5 » 19 Jul 2007, 10:26

Gary,

I know there were both Drinkwater's and Bevilaqua's in Burlington when I was growing up.

Janet
User avatar
kiddle5
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 27 Dec 2006, 01:00

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby Drink8648 » 19 Jul 2007, 14:22

kiddle5 wrote:Gary,

I know there were both Drinkwater's and Bevilaqua's in Burlington when I was growing up.

Janet


I am one of the Drinkwater's from Burlington.

Gary
User avatar
Drink8648
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Boston

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby kiddle5 » 19 Jul 2007, 14:53

Wow, small world!
User avatar
kiddle5
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 27 Dec 2006, 01:00

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby Drink8648 » 30 Jul 2007, 18:45

Biff83 wrote:Gary,
Was your great grandfather a carpenter? Was his wife's name Amelia or something similar? Was his year of birth about 1859? Were these his children? Frank. George, Lena, Rose, Mollie, Sylvester, Jr.?

Biff


Biff,

I found out that Sylvester's wife was indeed Amielia Pizzano, maybe Emilia. Sylvester was a marble worker. George, my granfather was born in 1894. Still trying to track down more info to help with this search for our Italian roots. Thanks for all your help!

Gary
User avatar
Drink8648
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Boston

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby jcsm400 » 30 Jul 2007, 20:19

Hi Gary,

From this society, you can order George's birth record.

New England Historic Genealogical Society
101 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116 USA (617) 536-5740, Fax (617) 536-7307.

Vo.441, page 290 #13098
Born 9/12/1894 George Drinkwater, at 88 L(?)ehard, Boston
Parents: Sylvester & Amelia Drinkwater
Both born in Itlay & lists Sylvester as a marble worker

Hope this helps.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 01:00
Location: USA

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby Drink8648 » 31 Jul 2007, 13:40

jcsm400 wrote:Hi Gary,

From this society, you can order George's birth record.

New England Historic Genealogical Society
101 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116 USA (617) 536-5740, Fax (617) 536-7307.

Vo.441, page 290 #13098
Born 9/12/1894 George Drinkwater, at 88 L(?)ehard, Boston
Parents: Sylvester & Amelia Drinkwater
Both born in Itlay & lists Sylvester as a marble worker

Hope this helps.



jcsm



Thanks!
User avatar
Drink8648
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Boston

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby saccolicious » 22 Jan 2008, 00:35

My great-great-grandfather's name was Frederico Bevilacqua, born 1860 in Montemiletto. He had 5 children I know of: Josephine, Raffaele, Savino, Linda, and Anthony. two of Raffaele's sons, Fred and Lawrence, changed their name to Drinkwater They grew up in the Boston area. Let me know if there's any connection.
User avatar
saccolicious
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 22 Jan 2008, 00:12

Re: Drinkwater's in Boston

Postby Drink8648 » 05 Jul 2010, 13:44

Bumped to resume my search.

Hopefully planning a trip in September to Italy and would love to visit Bari, where it all began.
User avatar
Drink8648
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Boston

Next

26 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], carubia, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], marymary52 and 18 guests

 
Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.