Trabia families, Turturice-Bell, Lima, DiMatteo's

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Trabia families, Turturice-Bell, Lima, DiMatteo's

Postby Marlena » 09 Jul 2007, 23:52

Hi, I found new ancestors and relatives this last week. I'm looking for the following families.

Turturice-Bell-
Giuseppe Turturice married Rosa DiMatteo in Trabia and had one son there, Joseph. When they came through Ellis Island they couldn't spell Turturice so it was changed to Bell. Joseph became a lawyer and Judge in Pittsburg, Pa. His brother Ralph was also a lawyer. Sisters were Priscilla, Catherine and Mary. I think they also lived in California, Pa-Washington County. I have found a census but nothing further. The name was also found to be written as Turturia in one document.

Lima-
Marianna DiMatteo Married __?__ Lima and came to San Jose, Ca. I was told the Lima's had a theater chain or owned quite a few theaters back in the day. One son was James Bartola Lima, his children were James B. Lima Jr and Beverly from Livermore. I have found some tele #'s but no one answers or I get a fax signal.

Thanks as always.
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.

julwebb76
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Trabia families, Turturice-Bell, Lima, DiMatteo's

Postby julwebb76 » 10 Dec 2010, 03:39

hello,
I have a picture of a guy named salvatore from trabia that was my grandmothers godfather. would youlike to see it? if so please email me at julwebb76@aim.com

Return to “Italian Genealogy”