MAZZONE'S

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
jmazzone
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 00:00

MAZZONE'S

Postby jmazzone » 10 Jul 2007, 05:36

HELP! Looking for John C. Mazzone, abt. 1889 from Turin Italy to NY.

He resided in Buffalo, NY and died in 1937....

Are there any living relatives from his family in Italy? How can I find out more information about him??

Ciao, jackie

User avatar
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8069
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby vj » 15 Jul 2007, 14:29

Hi Jackie and Welcome to the Forum :D !
Looking for John C. Mazzone, abt. 1889
from Turin Italy to NY


Are you looking for US records for John Mazzone
or Italian or both?
If you need help with Italian records,
you may need his exact town of birth.
(Turin is both a city and a province)

Does this look like it could be his
WWI Card?
possible 1917 WWI Draft Registration Card
John Mozzone (signed Mazzone?) 28
577 7th Street
Buffalo, NY
born 22 Dec 1888
in Meranxx?, Italy
Laborer for Schorelkoff?? Chemical Co
on Abbott Rd
Wife and 2 children
Military 2 years Private, Cavalry, in Italy

If this is your John Mazzone's card, you may be able to
order his Italian military record.

vj

User avatar
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1877
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby ricbru » 15 Jul 2007, 15:25

vj wrote:Hi Jackie and Welcome to the Forum :D !
Looking for John C. Mazzone, abt. 1889
from Turin Italy to NY


Are you looking for US records for John Mazzone
or Italian or both?
If you need help with Italian records,
you may need his exact town of birth.
(Turin is both a city and a province)

Does this look like it could be his
WWI Card?
possible 1917 WWI Draft Registration Card

John Mozzone (signed Mazzone?) 28
577 7th Street
Buffalo, NY
born 22 Dec 1888
in Meranxx?, Italy
Laborer for Schorelkoff?? Chemical Co
on Abbott Rd
Wife and 2 children
Military 2 years Private, Cavalry, in Italy

If this is your John Mazzone's card, you may be able to
order his Italian military record.

vj


That looks like MERANER alias MERANO, town in the province of Bolzano, region of Trentino Alto Adige
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo :lol:

User avatar
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8069
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby vj » 15 Jul 2007, 20:17

Jackie,
Do you know what John C Mazzone's middle name was?
Thanks! vj

interesting 1911 manifest
page 2
22 Nov 1911 SS Berlin, Genoa to NY
Lines 12-14
- last residence Merana (prob. Merano, Bolzano, Trentino-Alto Adige)
(see Riccardo's note above :wink: )
- relative in Italy, uncle Giocomo Rossetta in Montaldo
- destination (was) Buffalo, NY
Costanzo Mozzone 22 (abt 1889)
- single
- joining brother Bartolomeo Mozzone in Brant (Erie) NY
- born in Merano
mother Celestine 57 (abt 1854)
- widow
- born in Montaldo (prob Turin, Piedmont)
sister Amalia 17 (abt 1894)
- single
- born in Merano

interesting 1920 census
Bartolomeo & mother Celestina

interesting 1910 manifest
page 2
Line 25
appears Bartolomeo was a priest

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby suanj » 16 Jul 2007, 08:41

jmazzone wrote:HELP! Looking for John C. Mazzone, abt. 1889 from Turin Italy to NY.

He resided in Buffalo, NY and died in 1937....

Are there any living relatives from his family in Italy? How can I find out more information about him??

Ciao, jackie


maybe this could be your ancestor in the 1930 census???

Name: John Mazzone
Home in 1930: Buffalo, Erie, New York
Age: 41
Estimated birth year: abt 1889
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Margaret
Race: White

family:

John Mazzone 41 -1911 Naturalized
Margaret Mazzone 39
Anthony Mazzone 16
Joseph Mazzone 12
Amelia Mazzone 10
Teresa Mazzone 8
Bart Mazzone 7
John Mazzone 6
Sebastian Mazzone 4 1/12
Margie Mazzone 2 10/12
Betty Mazzone 1 1/12
Teresa Caputy 76 mother in law

regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
jmazzone
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby jmazzone » 18 Jul 2007, 18:42

suanj:

Your findings are CORRECT! That is my family.....

Now, what I want to do is see if there are any living relatives of the Mazzone family still living in Italy.

How do I do that? Thank you so much!

Jackie

User avatar
jmazzone
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby jmazzone » 18 Jul 2007, 19:14

Hi All,

I found more information:

John Mazzone died 1.5.1937

His wife Margaret died 10.1.67

Thanks,
Jackie

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby suanj » 18 Jul 2007, 19:19

the main step is to find the birthplace.. the correct birthplace... I believe that the WWI draft registration card posted from vj it is right... the problem is to understand the name town.. it seem wrote as Meraner.. we must to find the right place... also the ship's manifest is very helpful.... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby suanj » 18 Jul 2007, 19:21

and the naturalization paper could be very helpful for to know the immigration record ....etc... you can request it?
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
jmazzone
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby jmazzone » 18 Jul 2007, 19:23

suanj-

I'm not sure if vj is right because he was 48 yrs. old when he died according to the cemetery and if he was born in 1888 he would have been 49....or is it a simple mistake of records?

User avatar
jmazzone
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby jmazzone » 18 Jul 2007, 19:34

how do i request it?

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby suanj » 18 Jul 2007, 19:34

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby suanj » 18 Jul 2007, 20:02

jmazzone wrote:suanj-

I'm not sure if vj is right because he was 48 yrs. old when he died according to the cemetery and if he was born in 1888 he would have been 49....or is it a simple mistake of records?
oh... but was born in december... so it is very possible...
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby suanj » 18 Jul 2007, 20:02

jmazzone wrote:how do i request it?

the US friends can help better abt this request....
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
jmazzone
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: MAZZONE'S

Postby jmazzone » 18 Jul 2007, 20:10

That record is his. I am going to look at microfilm of naturalization records tomorrow...I think I located his film number..

Although--it says Giovanni Mazzone, not John...is this not common?


Return to “Italian Genealogy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 17 guests