Vincenzo Cherubino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
hkusait

Vincenzo Cherubino

Postby hkusait » 12 Jul 2007, 05:27

I have found my Greatgrandfather's (Vincenzo Cherubino) social security number through a social security death index search. I am trying to find the commune/town he originally came from in Italy so my Grandmother can go there next year. But passenger records show there are a couple Vincenzo Cherubino's from towns in Reggio Calabria where I do know he was from. Does any one know if there is a way to link passenger list records with later records showing and SSN? Would naturalization records show any link? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hkusait

Re: Vincenzo Cherubino

Postby hkusait » 12 Jul 2007, 05:34

Stupid of me to forget to put the SSN in the post...

Vincenzo Cherubino
SSN: 076-42-1038
Place of Death: Pleasantville, NY, USA
Place of Birth: Somewhere in Reggio Calabria
Date of Birth: July 5, 1886 (according to SSDI)
Date of Death: November 1, 1971

Thanks again, anyone who can help.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 12 Jul 2007, 08:39

Since you said previously he was from Reggio Calabria area, this is the record of one Vincenzo Cherubino (from Anoia, province of Reggio Calabria born aroun 1887)

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 2519090690

So you better request his birth record to

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Cananzi
CAP 89020
Anoia (RC)
Italy

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

jenalonso
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jenalonso » 11 Dec 2007, 23:51

My gggmother was Vincenza Cherubino - not sure where she was from but her son was born in Naples.

Someone told me Cherubino is a name from Naples.
Searching for Nostrame, Mangiacapre, Cherubino, DiPascuale, Franco, Porto, D'Addona, DiLibero.

peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Postby peggymckee » 12 Dec 2007, 01:51

Does your grandmother know the names of her father's parents? If you have that information plus the date of birth, why not write to all the comunes you find on the manifests--and see which, if any, have a match?

Also naturalization petition has the ship name and date of arrival--at least my GF's & GM's did (1923 & 1939). City of birth is also given, but my GF put "Florence" when in fact it was Sesto Fiorentino (a town 6 miles north of Florence). Good thing I already knew where he was born!

Good luck, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi

Return to “Italian Genealogy”