Campisciano in Tunisi or from Chiusi Sclafani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Robert48

Campisciano in Tunisi or from Chiusi Sclafani

Post by Robert48 »

:) If any one has any information on the Campisciano I would be really greatfull for any information.

I am seeking information on migration from Sicilia to Tunisia relating to the above name

Thanks
Robert Campiciano
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Campisciano is not listed as a surname nor a variation of the base name Campo. There are variations such as Campese campesi campieri campisano campiani campise ...etc etcThe variations go along regional and in Sicily there are variations such as Campieree o Campiero and means those who are custodians of funds or adminsitration of money or property in rural areas. I am not aware of what your objective is in the migration of the name to Tunisia. Do you mean how many persons are there wiuth that name In Tunisia or are you looking for specific family?? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Robert you are very slow in responding so I figured I would jump the gun and send you the site for the Tunisian terlephone directory which is in French which you probably know since you were such a model student and accompished scholar (particularly i n French languiage).The directory requires you to check province by province for the surname you are,perhaps, seeking in Tunisia since you did not say what you wsanted in Tunisia. Peter NYC
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Robert48

Sorry for the delay

Post by Robert48 »

Sorry Peter I had no idea that you had responded to the post.
The name Campisciano is related to me, my father was born there, but deceased. His parents came from there.
I am wanting to trace the origins and connections in this are.
Any way thanks for the information and link
Regards
Robert
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

do you know from whatg place in Tunisia they came from?? Peter
Robert48

Tunisi

Post by Robert48 »

Hi Peter
Yes Tunis (Tunisi)
Regards

This board is not sending me notification of reply posts, looked at the account details and all looks ok.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are no Campisciano surnamed persons in Tunis. Do you have any objectives in mind? Do you want documents of anyone there? Please advise where your headed. Peter
JRaffa

Post by JRaffa »

Robert don't be discouraged... I was searching for relatives in an area for a long time until this past November 2002. I was searching for my grandmothers family surname in the town where she was born. I constantly came up with no responses. This past November I went to the little town in Sicily and did a research along with old photos and was able to identify the family and was lead to them through some people who recognised the old wedding photograph.

Wish you much luck in your findings
Joe
JRaffa

Campisciano

Post by JRaffa »

Robert

These are the Campisciano listings I found in the PagineBianche (White Pages) in Italy for Sicily... Chiusa Sclafani is in the Provincia di Palermo.
These are all the Campisciano in Palermo Province. There are others in the Province of Catania and Caltanissetta.

Best of luck maybe these people are related to your family?
Joe

Campisciano Carmelo
90033 Chiusa Sclafani (PA) - Via Roma, 135

Campisciano Ciro
90033 Chiusa Sclafani (PA) - Via Roma, 95

Campisciano Francesco
90033 Chiusa Sclafani (PA) - Via Modicano, 10

Campisciano Giuseppa
90032 Bisacquino (PA) - Via Mons. G. Bacile, 87

Campisciano Antonino Giuseppe
90030 Giuliana (PA) - Via Padre Olimpo, 24
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Joe I already asked him a question and awaiting for his response. Your coming in and offering him what you think may or may not be what the poster wants and only serves to clutter up the posting with what you think he needs and instead of waiting to see what he wants. Peter
Robert48

Campisciano

Post by Robert48 »

Fellows I am great full for the information, sorry if I am slow but this board is not advising me when a post is there, I have looked at the details and it should send an advise email that a post is done against this topic.
With respect to the question Peter, I have many Campisciano around the world, America Argentina, Europe, Italy. I am searching for information regarding my father’s family that originated from Tunisi. Now at the same time I have found out from relatives in France that the origins are from Sicily a town called Chiusa Sclafani, in this town there are 2 lots of families, where one claims to be related and the other does not. Sometime ago I located a site www.contessa-entellina.com where I can find a group of Campisciano dating back to the 1700. I can hear you all say, what is the problem, well this is where I am stumped. In the late 60’s all French European persons residing in Tunisia where forced out of the country by the Arabs when Tunisia gained its independence, thus I have no idea if any records where kept in Tunis. What I would like to find is the origins of the Campisciano from Sicily, as a second thought the origins of the name as it seems to appear from no where, is the name of Albanian origins or not. Now if some documents could be found from Tunis would be great, then I would have a chance to at least find the true relatives in Italy.
Just the usual thing one does in Genealogy to find the clues to ones families past.
Any way thanks for the information provided.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I already furnished you with information concerning the origins of the surname Camp;isciano above which was taken from the Italian surname dictionary. The surname is derived from CAMPO and remains silent as to whether its origin were other than Italy. Please send me your e-mail address as I wish to send you some material re Tunisia. Peter
Robert48

Campisciano

Post by Robert48 »

Thankyou Peter
I have a fealing that the origins could be Campisano as this with the dialects in the region could have ended up as is now.
The email here is robert@aimrace.com.au
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

sorry but that surname campisano is a derivation of Campo. Am sending you material now. Peter