Birth, Marriage Records in Ferrandina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Natalie1
Rookie
Rookie

Birth, Marriage Records in Ferrandina

Postby Natalie1 » 18 Jul 2007, 20:12

Hello! My next step in my research takes me to Ferrandina, Italy (in Basilicata). I would like to get Birth and Marriage records for my Great-Grandparents. Their names are: Tommaso Virelli born Feb. 7, 1881 & Angela Rosa D'Amelia born July 28, 1881. I do not know their marriage date, but their first child, my Grandfather, was born in NYC in Dec. 1902 (I believe she was pregnant with him on the trip over). So I will guess they were married in 1901 or 1902. Do I need a definate date of Marriage? How do I obtain these records?
Thank You!
Natalie

bbango
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Birth, Marriage Records in Ferrandina

Postby bbango » 18 Jul 2007, 20:17

hi natalie,

I am in a similar situation finding some records for my family members in Italy and a lot of people have helped me here, and one of the things I was told to do was find a Family History Center and order microfilms to view these records..

I believe this microfilm would be helpful for you:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... o+civile++
Surnames: Bonghi/Bongo/Bango - Strano - Sebastiani - Polito - Serge - Benigni - Micale - Mondi

Natalie1
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Birth, Marriage Records in Ferrandina

Postby Natalie1 » 18 Jul 2007, 20:29

Oh thank you so much!! I will check it out! There is a Family History Center nearby... :D :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”