Can Someone explain....

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Natalie1
Rookie
Rookie

Can Someone explain....

Postby Natalie1 » 21 Jul 2007, 11:30

What is a Family Certificate?

Natalie1 :)

denman922
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Can Someone explain....

Postby denman922 » 21 Jul 2007, 13:39

A family certificate is in my opinion, probably the most valuable document you could get your hands on. By merely looking at one of mine, you'll very easily see why. It's "two-sided" providing 18 lines for the large families that existed in the days before TV

Front side of document

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3858/cert1hk7.jpg

Back side of document

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5757/cert2by8.jpg
Descendant of Rotolo of Rizziconi, Cabriel/Gabriel of Belluno(BL), Froner,Ell,Ognibeni,Moschen of Levico Terme(TN), Libardi,Avancini of Barco di Levico(TN), Bernardi of Ponte nelle Alpi(BL), Metz of Bronzolo(BZ), Bonatti of Martello (BZ),Atz of Salorno(BZ

denman922
Rookie
Rookie

Postby denman922 » 21 Jul 2007, 14:11

From left to right the columns are:

Line number

relation: Marito, moglie, figlio, figlia

name ( parents are shown full name, children are shown first name and middle or christian name)

place of birth

date of birth

stato civile, sposato ( husband) sposata ( wife )

Vicende anagrafiche I dunno what this is, but on my sheet it describes who the children married, when, and sometimes where.

Date of death, sometimes this also shows where

Some of my columns have no info for some ancestors, thats because they emigrated to America and married here and died here.
Descendant of Rotolo of Rizziconi, Cabriel/Gabriel of Belluno(BL), Froner,Ell,Ognibeni,Moschen of Levico Terme(TN), Libardi,Avancini of Barco di Levico(TN), Bernardi of Ponte nelle Alpi(BL), Metz of Bronzolo(BZ), Bonatti of Martello (BZ),Atz of Salorno(BZ

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 21 Jul 2007, 14:14

To be more precise, the stato di famiglia originario, "original state of the family", or also called stato di famiglia storico, "historical state of the family", documents not those present in a household at a given time, but all members of the family, past and present, including those who moved away or died. Therefore, the stato di familia originario certificate is a valuable source for documenting an entire family unit.

As quoted by Trafford R. Cole "Italian Genealogical Records"......
an excellent investment for those seeking to trace Italian genealogy!!
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

Natalie1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Natalie1 » 21 Jul 2007, 15:33

WOW! That is awesome! So much information on that certificate! Thank you Denman & Wldspirit. :D

Return to “Italian Genealogy”