Family Crest

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Family Crest

Postby carryonit » 22 Jul 2007, 07:20

Does anyone know of any websites that arent all BS that can find your Family Crest/Coat of Arms (im not really to sure what the difference is)
Its so hard finding any information on this, and I guess I either have such an unpopular name, or it was changed around so much that its next to impossible to find any information on this.
I remember asking this guy at a family crest shop or something down in Florida and he told me the reason there so hard to find is because most records were burned in WW2.
I dont know, any help is appreciated.

Re: Family Crest

Postby Cathynap » 22 Jul 2007, 17:59

Not all families have a crest. Most of the sites out there do have made up crests because they have something to sell you. Family crests were made for royalty and nobility. There a few, if any exceptions to this. So if there were no royals or nobiles with you surname, it may not exist. I have found this site interesting:
It offers a huge listing of Italian surnames. If there is a coat of arms they know of associated with the name, they post it there by the surname.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”