Help me trace my roots in Senerchia, Avellino, Campania

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tiostevo

Help me trace my roots in Senerchia, Avellino, Campania

Postby tiostevo » 31 Jul 2007, 03:53

I have names and birth dates back to 1819, I have names but no dates for the generation prior to that. The earliest marraiges and their names are as follows:

V. Polisciano or Pulisciano & Teresa Ferraro,
Luigi Colangelo & Antonia Cerasale,
Carmine Gasparro & Rosaria Mazzone,
P. Mariniello & Teresa Guarnaccia,
F. Vecci & Maria G. Cubetti,
Gerardo Frunzi & Maria Mattia.

I do not have dates for their births, deaths or marriages for these folks, but the first couple had a child, Michael Polisciano, (my GGrandfather,) born in 1834.

The second couple had a child, (my GGrandmother,) born in 1858. Her first name begins with C. (Perhaps Carmella?)

The last four couples are a generation further back, on my Grandmother Maria Gasparro's side (these folks would be my GGGGrandparents,) and they all had children born in the late 1810s or early 1820s.

My cousin traveled to Senrchia and got the birth records, so we are sure of the accuracy thus far. But if anyone has a genealogy going farther back I would love to see it.

My Grandmother died of influenza in Chicago in 1918, the year my mother the youngest of three girls, was born, so we really have had little to go on until my cousin took the trip to Senrchia. Thanks, Virgie, if your reading this!

Michael31
Master
Master

Re: Help me trace my roots in Senerchia, Avellino, Campania

Postby Michael31 » 17 Aug 2007, 05:19

tiostevo wrote:I have names and birth dates back to 1819, I have names but no dates for the generation prior to that. The earliest marraiges and their names are as follows

V. Polisciano or Pulisciano & Teresa Ferraro,
Luigi Colangelo & Antonia Cerasale,
Carmine Gasparro & Rosaria Mazzone,
P. Mariniello & Teresa Guarnaccia,
F. Vecci & Maria G. Cubetti,
Gerardo Frunzi & Maria Mattia.

I do not have dates for their births, deaths or marriages for these folks, but the first couple had a child, Michael Polisciano, (my GGrandfather,) born in 1834.

The second couple had a child, (my GGrandmother,) born in 1858. Her first name begins with C. (Perhaps Carmella?)

The last four couples are a generation further back, on my Grandmother Maria Gasparro's side (these folks would be my GGGGrandparents,) and they all had children born in the late 1810s or early 1820s.

My cousin traveled to Senrchia and got the birth records, so we are sure of the accuracy thus far. But if anyone has a genealogy going farther back I would love to see it.

My Grandmother died of influenza in Chicago in 1918, the year my mother the youngest of three girls, was born, so we really have had little to go on until my cousin took the trip to Senrchia. Thanks, Virgie, if your reading this!

Hi,
www.paginebianche.it
cognome: Pulisciano - dove: Senerchia
Colangelo - Senerchia
Gasparro - Senerchia
Mazzone - Senerchia
Guarnaccia - Senerchia
Ferrara ? - Senerchia
Ferraro - av
Mattia - av
De Mattia - av
Cerasale - Campania
Marinello - Campania
Vecci - Campania
Cubetti - Campania or leave dove blank
Frunzi - Campania

splos

Postby splos » 19 Oct 2007, 18:45

Hi, do you know Vito & Fiorinda Pulisciano/ Polisciano in New York
Vito born in 1903 and Fiorinda 1924?
And do you know the Cuomo in Chicago?
Thanks,
Splos

k.polisciano

Postby k.polisciano » 28 Sep 2014, 02:31

Yes-Vito was my father's uncle. I think Victoria Polisciano married Donato Cuomo in Chicago.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”