Birth Certificates

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Birth Certificates

Postby Last » 02 Aug 2007, 14:17

Hi, my friend would like me to help her find the birth certificates for her relatives.

The birth places were:
Venice
Naples
Benevento

Could someone telll me the address where to write and also is there a form letter I could use to request the certificates.

Thanks

Chuck :D :) :D :)

Essgee
Master
Master

Re: Birth Certificates

Postby Essgee » 02 Aug 2007, 14:32

First we need to know if the relatives were born in these Provinces or if they were born in these cities. Naples is a city and a Province, Venice and Benevento the same.

In Italy, the birth, marriage, and death records are kept in the town where the event occurred. There is no central repository for these records. So you have to know the exact town of birth. Each of the above towns is the capital of a region that contains a lot of towns and is named for that larger city. To say born in Naples could be the town/city of Naples, or any of over 100 small towns in the Province of Napels, each with their own records office.

Try and establish for us the extact towns of origin, and we will try and get you the addresses for each of them.

Last
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Birth Certificates

Postby Last » 02 Aug 2007, 14:53

Hi, would that be ths same for Montefusco???

Return to “Italian Genealogy”