URGENT! ELLIS ISLAND SEARCH - NEED HELP!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jenalonso
Veteran
Veteran

URGENT! ELLIS ISLAND SEARCH - NEED HELP!

Postby jenalonso » 09 Aug 2007, 20:23

I FINALLY obtained my great-grandfather's information from his naturalization records. They say that he arrived from Naples on March 17, 1906, in New York on the ship Massiglia, but I still can't find him on ellisislandrecords.com. Is there any way to do a search just for the ship itself?

Can anyone help, please??? His name is Eugene (Eugenio) Nostrame.

Thanks!

Jennifer
Searching for Nostrame, Mangiacapre, Cherubino, DiPascuale, Franco, Porto, D'Addona, DiLibero.

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: URGENT! ELLIS ISLAND SEARCH - NEED HELP!

Postby Biff83 » 09 Aug 2007, 20:34

To search by ship name and date of arrival

Search will yield 1045 records. You can narrow the search by adding gender, marital status, etc.

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

BethW
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BethW » 09 Aug 2007, 21:17

If this helps - There is a record for a Maria Manciacapre (sp) and her daughters Vincenza, Concetta and Clementina Nostrome arriving on the SS Italia from Naples on August 30, 1906. They are shown as meeting Maria's husband Eugenio Nostromo of 61 Mulberry St., N.Y.

jenalonso
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jenalonso » 10 Aug 2007, 15:05

Thanks so much for everyone's help!!!

Jen
Searching for Nostrame, Mangiacapre, Cherubino, DiPascuale, Franco, Porto, D'Addona, DiLibero.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”