Fiaconaro surname from Castelbuono, Palermo area

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Fiaconaro surname from Castelbuono, Palermo area

Postby gelems » 20 Apr 2003, 08:52

I am researching my great-grandmothers genealogy. Her name was Antonia Fiasconaro. Born 7-8-1891, died 4-2-1969 in CA.

Her first husband was Santo Cristaldi, and she probably got married in the California, US around 1910. They had 2 children: Joseph and Angelina. She remarried after Santo died sometime before 1913. Her second husband was Dominic Greco and they had 9 children.

She had a brother Anthony Fiasconaro. He was born 6-13-1896, died 2-22-1992 in San Francisco, CA. His wife's name was Clara, and I believe her maiden name was Muzio. Supposively my great grandmother and her brother were both born in Palermo, Sicily. Their mother's name was listed as Maria Maimone and their father's name as Giuseppe Fiasconaro on Anthony's California Death Record. Antonia arrived in the US in 1909 at Ellis Island. The Ellis Island ship record states that she came with her sister Anna, and their last place of residence looks like Castelbuono, Palermo. Arrival date 6-5-1909. Also that their final destination would be San Francisco, CA.

Would love to find relatives. My great-grandmother died when I was 9. She talked very little of her life in Italy.
gelems

Postby ptimber » 20 Apr 2003, 14:57

There are, as you know, 69 persopns in Castelbuono which youy get by going thru www.paginebianche.it. I would suggest that the best way to find relatives since documents will not be too helpful for this endeavor is to write oine generic letter to all 69 (except where there are duplicate addresses) and ask them if they are relkated to your family. Include a self addresed envelope and a dollar for stamps. It is a one time investment and the shortest way to go. Of course, you could go to Castelbuono and set up a booth in the piazza as an alternative!. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy