Anyone who knows Naples or Succivo?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jenalonso
Veteran
Veteran

Anyone who knows Naples or Succivo?

Post by jenalonso »

I'm thinking of taking a trip in September to Naples with my husband. We do not know the city and would like to know where are the safest neighborhoods to stay?

Does anyone know the San Lorenzo or Capodimonte quarters of Naples? Are these safe areas? This is probably where my ancestors lived & I would like to do some searching in these places first.

Does anyone know how far it is from Naples to Succivo & what is the best way to travel there? (train? bus?)

Thanks so much again!
Searching for Nostrame, Mangiacapre, Cherubino, DiPascuale, Franco, Porto, D'Addona, DiLibero.
micheleantonio

Re: Anyone who knows Naples or Succivo?

Post by micheleantonio »

Hi,

Sounds great and I always encourage even people livng in Italy to give Naples a chance. They laugh but I love it. It can be a challenge to find a nice place to stay there. I don't remember San Lorenzo but wll try and find out for you. Capodimonte is where the first ceramics factory, in Europe was located. It is on top of a tall hill, I don't know if you would want ot stay up there, there are not probably many hotels, if any. For the adventurous (me) I would say go to the official Italian tourist office in either Piazza Jesu on Spaccanapoli or the one in Piazza Plebescito and they will find you a nice place in your budget.

If you have the money though staying on the water in Santa Lucia/Partenope is the best but extremely expensive. Take a page out of Rick Steve's book and stay in Sorrento and ride the Circumvesuviana train to the city everday. A choice that many people make.I will try and come up with some better suggestions this week

That other town Succivo looks to me to be about fifteen miles past the Napoli airport. You might get a Sita blue bus but most likely it is a rental car situation up the Autostrada. Talk about adventure!
Enjoy!
NOLA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NOLA »

Succivo is just south of Aversa and directly north of Napoli. I stayed in Arenela which is on the Vomero, a very safe suburb of Napoli. Actually, Napoli is wonderful. It's a shame so many people avoid it.
jenalonso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jenalonso »

Thanks to both of you! Yes, I'm very excited about it....if I could just gather these docs before going!!
Searching for Nostrame, Mangiacapre, Cherubino, DiPascuale, Franco, Porto, D'Addona, DiLibero.
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

We stayed in a small hotel in the Spaccanapoli section. The area is bursting with activity; we loved it.