birth records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
angelwings

birth records

Postby angelwings » 22 Aug 2007, 00:22

how do i go about getting birth records for my great grandfather born in rome in 1865? :D

rufinigi

Re: birth records

Postby rufinigi » 22 Aug 2007, 14:40

You may need to write to the council where your granfather was born. they should have it.

Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Postby Poipuo4 » 22 Aug 2007, 14:57

First, go to www.familysearch.org and check the holdings of the Later Day Saints library. They may have microfilm of what you are looking for. You can order it at your local Family History Center. If that does not work, and you are SURE he was born in Rome and sure of the year, you can write to the ufficio stato civile, angrafe office (sorry if I spelled that wrong) to ask for a copy. I would imagine that in a large city like Rome, you will have to wait a long time for a resposne, but I do not know for any personal experience. Also, these offices will usually not search for you, so you have to give them at least the correct year. If you have the correct date, even better. If you don't write Italian, go to www.circolocalabrese.org for form letters.

angelwings

Postby angelwings » 22 Aug 2007, 21:00

thank you for your help. i will try those.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”